PDA

View Full Version : How would one identify a portal?

beetle_juice
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I know this sounds strange, but I think I've discovered a portal on my property; it was totally by accident and the proof is in the photos captured by my outdoor motion-activated camera. Many images and unusual stuff going on around this particular area and the photos are ALWAYS captured in daylight hours. How should I further investigate this possibility? I'm not sure how to proceed, but I know something's there. One of my photos shows what I call the "Demon from Hell" since it's giant fingers are coming out of the ground. No kidding! And, I don't have PhotoShop or any other program to manipulate my photos. Can someone put me on the right path to find out once and for all if it is, in fact, some sort of portal? I'm not even certain what that means, in all honesty, but I seem to have proof that something's up; several figures have appeared and I refer to one photo as "Convention of Ghosts" since they seem to be standing in a group together in the same spot.

Alpha
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I know this sounds strange, but I think I've discovered a portal on my property; it was totally by accident and the proof is in the photos captured by my outdoor motion-activated camera. Many images and unusual stuff going on around this particular area and the photos are ALWAYS captured in daylight hours. How should I further investigate this possibility? I'm not sure how to proceed, but I know something's there. One of my photos shows what I call the "Demon from Hell" since it's giant fingers are coming out of the ground. No kidding! And, I don't have PhotoShop or any other program to manipulate my photos. Can someone put me on the right path to find out once and for all if it is, in fact, some sort of portal? I'm not even certain what that means, in all honesty, but I seem to have proof that something's up; several figures have appeared and I refer to one photo as "Convention of Ghosts" since they seem to be standing in a group together in the same spot.

Hello beetle_juice and WELCOME!!

I don't know if we can help you, however please know we will try.

Are your photos digital? Are you able to share them with us here?

We have an album function here that you can upload photos to, or if not, if you have them hosted at an intermediary like FLICKR (http://www.flickr.com/) ( it's free if you have a Yahoo email addy) then just use the post card like icon...the yellow one that looks like a mountain, and "copy image location" and paste it in to the box there so we can see what you are referring to.

Let Project, I or any of the IW Team know if you need more help...

In addition to your photos, a more detailed description of what is happening would help.

MuseNoir
10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Why would you automatically assume it is a portal? If you have photos you should post them. I will be more than happy to examine the pixels close up in Photoshop.

Divinorumus
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I'd pitch a tent out there where that portal thing is happening and camp out there 24x7 waiting for that thing to open up again and when it does I'd try to jump into it or through it or whatever. Failing that, I'd capture whatever creature that comes out again and interrogate it, extensively, for more information.

Marlantis Buzz
10-02-2008, 04:17 AM
This may take some time and work but my suggestion is...

Obtain as many different type of cameras as you can...regular 35 mm, digital...one with red eye...etc.

Photo your subject spot with all available within a given time...let's say 2 minutes.

Provide date...time...logitude and lat. Take note on your own of any other mysterious locations that fall under your longitude and lat., extentions...example, is Peru on you same longitude or the Bermuda Triangle on your lat. You may be sitting on a cross lay-line...a vortex...a portal which may in themselves be D. all the above.

Then post each of yor photos in respective groups to time and type of camera(s).

Sounds like lots of work but if you want some kind of results this is a basic start. Hell, might even try a night vision camera.

If you get ANY light blurs...post them. Don't think you screwed up. Post Them.

Know your local American Indian Tribe mythology.

Welcome to the forum...:wavey:

beetle_juice
10-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm going to attempt to send a couple of photos in question; remember, the pics were captured by a motion-activated outdoor camera during daylight hours. The dates and time stamps are on the photos. I'm using PhotoBucket.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/markedoriginal.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/floatingperson.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/ghost1-2.jpg

If any of these pique your interest, there's more. But I would appreciate your analysis and opinions. Thanks much.

Alpha
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm going to attempt to send a couple of photos in question; remember, the pics were captured by a motion-activated outdoor camera during daylight hours. The dates and time stamps are on the photos. I'm using PhotoBucket.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/markedoriginal.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/floatingperson.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/ghost1-2.jpg

If any of these pique your interest, there's more. But I would appreciate your analysis and opinions. Thanks much.

Thank you for the pics beetle juice. I would love to see more.

Would you be good enough to add a bit of a description to each. They are a bit small and difficult for me to make out. Any way you could upload them so they are larger?

The 3rd one seems to have some sort of apparition...is that what you felt or saw?

beetle_juice
10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Ok, Alpha. Here's the 3rd photo that I've sent (hopefully in a larger format); it's from the camera card out of the motion-activated camera. Several were cropped to try to enhance the details prior to submission, which is why they appear smaller. Let's try this one.

Let me know your opinion once you review. Thanks.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/ghostsinmywoods.jpg

Divinorumus
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't see anything (in the 640x480 copy you originally posted but is 479x359 now) except trees and opening through them to a brighter background. What exactly am I suppose to be seeing? Some kind of portal? I don't see it. Walk back there and take a picture of that tree standing 6 feet away from it, that may clarify what you think you may be seeing.

beetle_juice
10-07-2008, 06:15 AM
I don't actually see a "portal". What I do see are forms, apparitions and images that are captured in and around the tree. If you zoom in on the bright spots in the trees, it does have human form. Are you looking at the photo entitled "Ghosts in my woods"? I'm not sure which photo you were viewing. I've tried to provide descriptions of the three photos. Let me know what I can do to clarify.

Alpha
10-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Ok, Alpha. Here's the 3rd photo that I've sent (hopefully in a larger format); it's from the camera card out of the motion-activated camera. Several were cropped to try to enhance the details prior to submission, which is why they appear smaller. Let's try this one.

Let me know your opinion once you review. Thanks.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/ghostsinmywoods.jpg

I definately can make out what you are referring to beetle juice.

I have captured similar forms in some of my photos while doing some EVP'ing when there was no-one around in the cemetery when we were there.

I'd really like to see your "convention of ghost's Pic that you mention.

What do you know about the history of your property? Are you getting any other manifests or activity other than capturing these "forms" on camera?

Divinorumus
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't actually see a "portal". What I do see are forms, apparitions and images that are captured in and around the tree. If you zoom in on the bright spots in the trees, it does have human form. Are you looking at the photo entitled "Ghosts in my woods"? I'm not sure which photo you were viewing. I've tried to provide descriptions of the three photos. Let me know what I can do to clarify.

I looked at that last picture and I can see how a quick glimpse might have one thinking they saw a person standing in a tree out there, but obviously it is not. The white in that picture at that spot is definitely from the background and consistent with the other areas of white background and because there is no green color cast in it which is present in everything else illuminated "within" the wooded area. I also enlarged and enhanced contrast on that spot and it is clearly trees and background light and nothing illogical.

Next time try walking up closer to what you think you see and you'll see and be able to photograph it more clearly. And try taking numerous shots from different angles. And getting a razor sharp focus on everything (so you can even see the detail in the bark on all of the trees) helps clarify everything too. My eyesight isn't the greatest either and I've (initially) mistaken highlighted forms and shapes before. But if I see a pink elephant float around in the forest, I've got to naturally assume I've got to be mistaken regardless of what it appears to be at a hundred yards away. Seriously, get up closer next time and you'll find a logical answer, trust me.

beetle_juice
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Try to keep in mind that I don't take the photos. It's done by motion-activation in an outdoor camera that I have strapped to a pole. I DO change the location every couple of weeks, but this particular area is where I seem to get the most unusual anomalies. They're all usually focused in, around or above the arbor and in this case, to the upper right.

It would be impossible to "get closer" since I'm not the one taking the pictures. The only other thing I can try is relocating the camera closer to where some of the anomalies have appeared, although they have showed up in other areas.

beetle_juice
10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Alpha, here's the photo but you have to zoom in closely in the upper left top portion of the photo; you will see several figures standing there in a group which is why I call it "Convention of Ghosts". I'm thinking they're more like spirits since they're not pure, glowing white, but an off color. You can't see facial features, but you can see the head, torso and appendages.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/ghostconvention.jpg

Here's one that's one of the first "anomalies" I discovered. You can see what appears to be a full apparition of a heavy-set woman sitting at the picnic table. Her arms are crossed at the chest and she's facing towards the woods.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/seatedwhitefigure-1.jpg

The next one shows a solid, white figure standing by the arbor, but his head is hidden by one of the vines.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/GrayReb/whitefigureenlarged.jpg

Project
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Since I am into photography, I will answer with a possible explanation based on that... I am not saying this is not a ghost, since we have no way of knowing.

The convention of ghosts image:

- CCDs (the optical device in your webcam recording the images) are sensitive to overexposure, and have a tendency to "bleed" or "smear" into nearby pixels when faced with overexposure.

- the sun is setting, you can see a golden colour through the clouds just above and to right of rightmost post

- The golden circles you circled are the same colour as the sky (at top left of image you can see less overexposed holes which are closer to the real size of the holes, having not bled as much)

- it is overexposed on the sky simply because the bushes are exposed properly, the cam is exposing based on a pretty dumb algorithm that just measures avg exposure for the entire scene, not trying to keep shadows or highlights in bounds.

Now, I don't see any ghosts really, but that could be because I am being analytical about it ;)

Thanks for sharing, and would love to see any other interesting images you may capture.

I would suggest if possible to set up a cheap digicam on a timer maybe and see what "develops" as it were :theyareontome:

Divinorumus
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
It's done by motion-activation in an outdoor camera that I have strapped to a pole.

Well excellent then. This means you may already have or can capture additional photos showing the same spot from the same perspective, but at difficult times during the day, when the lighting is different and from other angles. If all that is just natural trees, branches, leaves, foliage, sky, etc., it should be present in other photos too, and thus I would doubt it's a ghost that's been waiting out there for days for someone to come meet it. Occam's razor.