PDA

View Full Version : Salvia, is it mystical?

TheBlackPanther
12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Does the drug create mystical experiences for those under its influence?

I saw some YouTube clips and it does seem to have powerful effects on people. But I would never recommend people try it as it looks kinda scary, even if it is legal.

Divinorumus
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
It is very powerful. It's unlike anything you've likely experienced before. Context of usage is critical. YouTube is not the way to use it. External distractions must be eliminated/minimized. Sitting in a chair, lights on, friends all staring at you, someone with a video camera in your face, people talking and laughing at you, dog barking in the background, stereo blaring thumping noise, that's not the way to use it, it won't get you anywhere.

HB3
12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
You're a salvia user? Oh, ok....

HB3
12-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Does the drug create mystical experiences for those under its influence?

The people I've known who were into salvia were hard-core, slow-talking, fogged-up stoners. Can't recommend it. In fact I'd say, generally, STAY AWAY. You don't need drugs to have a mystical experience. You're having a "mystical experience" right now sitting there reading this message board. If you want to sharpen your mind go study quadratic equations or learn French or something.

MuseNoir
12-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I agree, HB3... you can have a mystical or spiritual or enlightening experience without any help.. the mind is quite powerful.

Divinorumus
12-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Salvia is a plant teacher. It is no more a "drug" than a carrot or apple. A drug is something man makes, not nature.

Beware of those that try to talk shit about something they have zero first hand experience and knowledge about. Some are too afraid to investigate everything in their world. They are the ones with few over turned rocks in their yards.

Those that have never tasted apple pie are not the ones to ask "so what does apple pie taste like?"

There's only one way to "REALLY KNOW" about something instead of guessing or playing make-believe or trying to understand another.

And in any case, it's a short duration journey. Judge for yourself if you want to know about something and are seeking the truth. If you want to play guessing and make-believe, get your knowledge from others that don't knowwhat they are talking about instead.

One must wonder though, what are the make-believers so afraid about? And why do they practice deception?

Hadriana
12-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I have not had the kind of experience with it that I see on youtube. What I had was powerful, but in a way that focused my mind like a magnifying glass on things. I did see the writing everywhere - that part of it let me know it was indeed a potent hallucinogen.

I do not think any plant should be illegal. I think that is immoral. The gods put them here just like we are here. We should never force any plant ON another, but if we want to talk to that plant and let it talk to us, we should be allowed.

It is a matter of free speech.

Plant teachers have taught me. LSD has taught me. I can learn through meditation now, but at the time I took hallucinogens, my spirit knew that I needed the cliff notes.

Hadriana
12-24-2008, 09:09 PM
It is very powerful. It's unlike anything you've likely experienced before. Context of usage is critical. YouTube is not the way to use it. External distractions must be eliminated/minimized. Sitting in a chair, lights on, friends all staring at you, someone with a video camera in your face, people talking and laughing at you, dog barking in the background, stereo blaring thumping noise, that's not the way to use it, it won't get you anywhere.

I would absolutely agree with everything you say there. For me, by a fire, on a pretty day, looking at the ground. What I heard was nature. That is what I needed to hear. That is what was offered. That is what I accepted.

I do not know what the sound of technology would be like, it has one, but so much of it was made by polluted minds. The sound would not be pure.

The kids on youtube though - they are not all bad. They are trying to teach us something. Our kids are missing a context. Our kids are disconnected but their spirits are seeking. Our kids have so little spiritual outlet. They are teaching us what they need - will we ever listen?

HB3
12-24-2008, 10:03 PM
And in any case, it's a short duration journey. Judge for yourself if you want to know about something and are seeking the truth. If you want to play guessing and make-believe, get your knowledge from others that don't knowwhat they are talking about instead.

One must wonder though, what are the make-believers so afraid about? And why do they practice deception?

It was described to me as a seven hour acid trip compressed into a few minutes -- the time compression is very extreme. Five minutes literally feels like an hour. Sounds horrible.

You know, most people don't have direct experience of putting a gun in their mouths either. And don't trust peoples' word about cyanide or belladonna. What are they afraid of?

HB3
12-24-2008, 10:07 PM
In one of the later Castaneda books, Don Juan happened to inform Castaneda that all the drugs he'd taken over the past few years -- documented in all the ealier books -- and all the trials and tribulations he'd experienced as a result, was all completely unnecessary.

Castaneda was aghast. "But why....why did you make me take them then?"

Don Juan replied, "'Cause you're dumb."

Divinorumus
12-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Ya know, those that equate plants to mans drugs should realize something. Some things can't be told. You must experience some things to know them. A red pill situation (like how you can't explain the color red to those that have never seen and have always been blind).

If you understood the true nature of realty, your opinion may change. I mean, imagine you are in "The Matrix." Whose matrix matters not (call it your god's if you like). Now, when Neo took the red pill, just exactly what was he actually doing (considering he himself inside the matrix was an illusion, as were all things)? He wasn't swallowing anything. There really was no red pill, no spoons either. It was a symbolic act, one likely necessary to confirm your willing intent to know! The red pill was a teacher. Accepting the teaching was initiated by a symbolic act of taking the red pill. There never was any really real red pill to swallow. It was a willing symbolic act indicating the desire to know. Just like drinking a beer in a dream or gods illusion/matrix.

Every experience is a teacher. Plants, pills, pain, hunger, love, pizza, beer, time, man, nature, our dreams, . . . Every experience is more learning and more knowledge. Beliefs are based on not knowing, or not wanting to really know. One either wants to know or they don't, yet. If one really wants to know, they will. Those that don't, won't. Some never will. It's why the world is filled with so many beliefs and so little knowledge. Preconceived and indoctrinated beliefs are entrapments some never escape from. The red pill frightens many. It frightened me, but I had to KNOW! I wanted to know. Beliefs suck. Now me KNOWS! Others too. :09: Yous that don't, don't. :09: You either want to look under every rock, or not.

TheBlackPanther
12-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Ya know, those that equate plants to mans drugs should realize something. Some things can't be told. You must experience some things to know them. A red pill situation (like how you can't explain the color red to those that have never seen and have always been blind).

If you understood the true nature of realty, your opinion may change. I mean, imagine you are in "The Matrix." Whose matrix matters not (call it your god's if you like). Now, when Neo took the red pill, just exactly what was he actually doing (considering he himself inside the matrix was an illusion, as were all things)? He wasn't swallowing anything. There really was no red pill, no spoons either. It was a symbolic act, one likely necessary to confirm your willing intent to know! The red pill was a teacher. Accepting the teaching was initiated by a symbolic act of taking the red pill. There never was any really real red pill to swallow. It was a willing symbolic act indicating the desire to know. Just like drinking a beer in a dream or gods illusion/matrix.

Every experience is a teacher. Plants, pills, pain, hunger, love, pizza, beer, time, man, nature, our dreams, . . . Every experience is more learning and more knowledge. Beliefs are based on not knowing, or not wanting to really know. One either wants to know or they don't, yet. If one really wants to know, they will. Those that don't, won't. Some never will. It's why the world is filled with so many beliefs and so little knowledge. Preconceived and indoctrinated beliefs are entrapments some never escape from. The red pill frightens many. It frightened me, but I had to KNOW! I wanted to know. Beliefs suck. Now me KNOWS! Others too. :09: Yous that don't, don't. :09: You either want to look under every rock, or not.

I can tell by your comments that you're one of the wisest people on the planet because you make so much sense. But why on earth do you have the most creepiest avatar? I mean that guy really creeps me out.:yikes:

Can't you find a more sensible avatar?:veryhappy

Judee
12-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Quote Divinorumus:
Every experience is a teacher. Plants, pills, pain, hunger, love, pizza, beer, time, man, nature, our dreams, . . . Every experience is more learning and more knowledge. Beliefs are based on not knowing, or not wanting to really know. One either wants to know or they don't, yet. If one really wants to know, they will. Those that don't, won't. Some never will. It's why the world is filled with so many beliefs and so little knowledge. Preconceived and indoctrinated beliefs are entrapments some never escape from.

That is all true Div. Every experience IS a teacher! And yes, many indoctrinated beliefs are entrapments!

jedc53
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Salvia is a good tool, but it is only a tool. Whatever we can perceive with it can be perceived without it.I don't think I'll buy more of it, but I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to explore themselves and our reality further.The Drug Enforcement Administration and California state legislators are grappling with the question of what to do.The potentially dangerous herb is offered for sale on websites and at tobacco and smoke shops,head shops and botanical stores, but little is known about the effect of the drug on health and safety, the extent of its use or if it has begun to filter into the culture of younger teens.