Thread: Pre-Death Experiences - Experiences with the Dying - The Art of Dying

Pre-Death Experiences - Experiences with the Dying - The Art of Dying

Many hospital, hospice workers and others report many changes, manifests and observations with those who are dying or near death.

I've always been interested in this topic and today I ran across this article so I thought I would start a thread about the subject, for all of you to add your experiences or information that you run across to share.

Experiences With the Dying

I suppose one of my main interests in life is looking at and studying the subjective experiences that seem to be part of everyone’s life. At least it seems that way, not only from my own experiences, but also in my conversations with others and the plethora of literature that is out nowadays that deals with this subject. It is like we live in a small box world, an everyday place. Yet many people, perhaps the majority, have secrets that have to deal with experiences that seem to point to something more beyond the world of consensus-reality. Perhaps due importance is not given to them and they are filed away or forgotten. Or they feel they can’t share them................

At this time I am reading a new book that was published last year. The title of the book is: “The art of dying”, co-authored by Peter Fenwick and his wife Elizabeth. It deals with the experiences that people have just before death and some of it is based on the experiences of caregivers................

I suppose I could write on and on about this, but there is no need, at least for now. What do these experiences mean? I think they point to something other, to a wider reality that our brain has to filter out so we can simply live in this very difficult reality. Those who don’t, well perhaps some of them or the ones we call mentally ill. ..................

To get the absolute answer I feel is not possible and for someone to think that they have would in reality only limit ones ability to be open to the deep ever expanding mystery of life and our existence.

Full Article

Has anyone read the book "The Art of Dying" by Peter Fenwick and/or better yet have a link to an e-version?

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

I've never met anyone in a medical establishment that is on the fence with this subject.

Either they believe 100%, or they chock this up to 100% baloney.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by VOguy View Post
    I've never met anyone in a medical establishment that is on the fence with this subject.

Either they believe 100%, or they chock this up to 100% baloney.
    I know a few medical professionals as well VO that are certain that something changes in either perception, reality of who knows what to call it when one is near death. Is it that their is a thinning between dimensions of here and beyond or something else?...I don't know.

I'd love to hear more and read more on this topic....anyone have any good links, suggestions or recounts to share?

I think the issue with the medical community is that there are some that are open and have seen things to challenge the colonialistic views of medicine. These are the folks that look at alternative medicine and other things in life.

Then there are those that if it's not hard science, and out of the journals of the AMA, they will not buy into it at all.

A good friend of mine is like that. Devout Catholic, and works in a hospital. We've talked about the people who see dead friends and relatives just before passing, and he says they are hallucinating.

On the other hand, his girlfriend is a P.A. at the hospital, and when someone says "oh, there's my mom at the end of the bed", she will ask the person to ask questions. If her boyfriend finds out he gets mad because she is into that "mumbo-jumbo".

I think it all comes down to, do you believe?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by VOguy View Post
    I think the issue with the medical community is that there are some that are open and have seen things to challenge the colonialistic views of medicine. These are the folks that look at alternative medicine and other things in life.

Then there are those that if it's not hard science, and out of the journals of the AMA, they will not buy into it at all.

A good friend of mine is like that. Devout Catholic, and works in a hospital. We've talked about the people who see dead friends and relatives just before passing, and he says they are hallucinating.

On the other hand, his girlfriend is a P.A. at the hospital, and when someone says "oh, there's my mom at the end of the bed", she will ask the person to ask questions. If her boyfriend finds out he gets mad because she is into that "mumbo-jumbo".

I think it all comes down to, do you believe?
    No, I think it all comes down to whether one is open minded to consider anything outside of one's paradigm or not......in other words, why something, even "far fetched" could be possible vs not.

It is so sad that belief seems to be based on what is taught, dogma, conditioning other than the belief that there is so much we do not know, nor understand with the quest, with open mind, heart, brain...just being here, to do just that

I think we are saying the same thing, Alpha. The non-believer may see an event like a mist rising from the body, but they will rationalize it differently and discard the spirit or soul side. It was .... well, gas. Yeah, swamp gas.

To look at something like a mist rising from the body, or to believe that a dying person is seeing someone waiting for them, means you must challenge every one of your prior beliefs and those usually taught in church.

It's sort of like seeing an E.T. or a U.F.O. I can recall my first sighting and it was rational to me what was going on. Another pilot that saw the same thing as I said they were stars. When I asked him how stars could change positions in the sky his reply was "don't be such a jackass" and he stormed off.

Some people are open to the possibilities. Others can't deal with their world getting opened up, and things they believed not to exist now suddenly are proven.
    [

Thread Information