Thread: HCG Diet

HCG Diet

I am on the HCG Diet, I'm keeping a Diet Journal, just my weight and such, I'm not keeping track of foods, portions, etc. And I haven't been measuring my size either. But, here it is, at a glance. The thing is, I ran out of the drug well before the number of days it says in the diet, and I don't understand why. But I do know that when you run out of the drug, you must wait 3 days and then begin the Maintenance Phase. You can't just keep going on the Diet Phase without the drug helping to reprogram your body.

HCG DIET PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
    Daily Dosage
    1. Take .5 ml after brushing teeth and at least 30 minutes before drinking liquids.
    2. Take .5 ml 30 minutes before eating dinner.
    First 2 Days
    1. Weigh yourself every morning and log it to keep track of your progress (note: this should be done same time and without any clothes for accurate measurement). Eat anything you want, especially foods that are high in fat. Although you are allowed to eat anything you want, it is suggested to try and eat healthy fats such as avocados, nuts, olive oil, and good cuts of beef as opposed to a fast-food hamburger.
    19 Days
    1. Weigh yourself each morning and log it.
    2. Log what you eat to keep track of calories and portions.
    3. Continue the HCG dosage protocol morning and night.
    4. No more than 500 calories per day.
    5. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of allowed fluids per day.
    6. Drink an additional 2 liters of plain water per day.
    7. At the end of the 21 on days you need to discontinue the HCG spray but continue your 500 calorie diet for 3 more days.
    Maintenance (21 days minimum)
    1. Weigh yourself everyday and log it.
    2. You should still avoid most sugars, rice, bread, potatoes, pastries, etc.
    3. You can eat whatever you like as long as you don’t gain more than 2 pounds in a day.
    4. If you gain more than 2 pounds, on that same day, skip breakfast and lunch (but continue to drink plenty of fluids). For dinner eat one large steak with only an apple or a raw tomato.

Diet Routine
    Breakfast
    1. Liquids only
    Lunch
    1. Meat – 1 serving
    2. Vegetables – as much as you want
    3. Drink – as much as you want
    4. 1 breadstick (Grissino) or Melba toast (optional)
    5. Fruit – 1 serving
    Dinner
    1. Meat – 1 serving
    2. Vegetables – as much as you want
    3. Drink – as much as you want
    4. 1 breadstick (Grissino) or Melba toast (optional)
    5. Fruit – 1 serving
    Allowed Foods
    Meats
    General Preparation - All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled, steamed, or grilled without additional fat. Season to taste!
    1. Beef - 3 ½ oz. of flat iron steak, eye of round steak, top sirloin steak, mock tender steak, top round steak, bottom round roast, eye of round roast.
    2. Chicken - 6 oz. of chicken breast or tenders.
    3. Turkey - 3 ½ oz. of turkey.
    4. Shrimp - 6 oz shrimp
    5. Fish - 4 oz. white fish (tilapia, cod, halibut, etc).
    Vegetables
    Choose vegetables from the following (as much as you want)
    1. Spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, cabbage, bok choy, kale greens, mustard greens, arugula, endive, hearts of palm, turnip greens.
    2. Tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus.
    3. Broccoli, cauliflower, brussell sprouts, okra, snow peas, sprouts, water cress. capers, chicory.
    4. Chives, fennel, garlic, Italian green beans, leeks, okra, parsley, peppers (all varieties), sauerkraut.
    5. Scallions, sea vegetables, sprouts, watercress, winter squash, yellow squash, zucchini.
    Fruits
    1. 1 cup of any fresh or frozen berry or mixed berries.
    2. 4 oz of fresh pineapple (about 2/3 cup).
    3. 4 oz (about ½ a) grapefruit.
    4. 4 oz (1 cup) of fresh cantaloupe.
    5. 4 oz (1/2 cup) cherries.
    6. 1 small pear.
    7. 2 small or 1 large plum.
    8. 3 medium apricots
    9. 1 medium apple.
    10. 1 medium orange.
    11. 1 medium peach.
    Drinks
    You can have tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Also allowed is any clear liquid without sugars, fats, or milk. Saccharin or Stevia may be used to sweeten. Herbal teas and crystal lite can be used.
    Spices
    You can use any spices or rubs that do not contain sugars or starches.
    Condiments
    You can use fat free salad dressings, cheeses, and mayonnaise.
    Vitamins
    It is suggested that you take a whole food vitamins.
    Please ask me about Solavei, Unlimited Everything for $49/month, plus applicable taxes! How would you like Free cell phone service?
    See my Blog and my Numerical Obsession
    I'm a Kopimist, not a Pirate.
    Long live Liberty!! Find me on Facebook too!
    Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar ... all for Bitcoins stand up and holler!

Peace and blessings to you (plural) in D'ni

Thanks for sharing your diet with us Krepta.

I am more than a bit concerned though....are you under a DR's care while your are doing this?

500 calories/day seems very light... or MORE than very and what is that other stuff this program wants you to take while you follow their regime?

Trying to lose 40 lbs in 30 days alarming and unnatural from all I know and have read...I'm worried

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    500 calories/day seems very light...
    That's the whole point of a diet, reduced calories and fat intake, thus your body will be forced to draw the additional needed calories from the excess weight.

One concern with a low calorie diet is to make sure you still get all the other important nutrients every day that aren't stored in your body for long (vitamins, precursors to various amino acids, salt, various other things). If you begin to fall behind in any of these other nutrients, you could end up negatively affecting your physical and mental health. You don't want to go blind or end up with depression or too weak to exercise. You also have to be careful that you don't start loosing muscle mass instead of fat, thus the importance of exercise too.

The biggest favor one can do is to adapt a healthy diet for the rest of their life. Daily exercise is also a must, otherwise you might as well forget about eating healthy (i.e. what's the point of taking good care of your car if you're going to get drunk and drive it into a tree one day, ha). Once these two things have been incorporated into ones lifestyle, the weight will eventually come off. A good diet and exercise plan is not a temporary thing to just loose weight and then it's abandoned, it's a life long commitment that should never end once one reaches their desired weight.

Anyhow, there are probably quite a few dishes one can recommend if you have any favorite foods you can eat, Krepta. One of the problems with sticking to a good diet is when we get hungry we want to eat NOW, not later, NOW! And unfortunately that is what gets many people into trouble, how easy it is to stick a boxed up or canned factory meal into the microwave oven and 6 minutes later be shoveling crap into ones face. So, what I do is prepare meals in family sized portions (which you sort of have to do when living alone because they don't sell eggs in a two pack, or half an onion), and then I freeze the leftovers for later .. my own instant meals, but better because they don't contain fillers and thickening agents and preservatives.

I can tell you the best ways to freeze some meals too. For example, when I make spaghetti or fettuccine or other sauce for noodles, I make enough for a family of 6 .. but I'll pour the left overs into plastic ice cube trays and let it freeze. Then once frozen I divide it up into plastic containers or bags, add in some fresh shrooms, broccoli , asparagus, onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, etc., (all those necessary ingredients that I can't possibly eat in one meal myself), zip it shut, and toss it in the freezer. I do the same with left over cooked noodles (divide it up into a few bowls and freeze too). Then tomorrow, or whenever, when I feel like a meal, I can drop a block of frozen noddles in a fry pan, add a plastic bag of those frozen cubes of sauce and veggies from last week, set it on medium high for 3 minutes and cover, come back in 3 minutes and stir and set to medium heat and it's all done 6 minutes after that! So easy and quick. And it tastes fresh and better than factory instant meals. You can make all your meals for the week on the weekend and not be so busy with cooking during the work week.

You can do the above with soups and other foods. Breakfast can be fast too. I can't eat a dozen eggs before they go bad, or a whole loaf of bread before it gets hard after a couple days, so .. I'll make a whole pile of french toast one Saturday morning, eat some, and freeze the rest for heating later in the toaster (it even tastes better when reheated later in the toaster if you use a good batter and french bread .. make sure you got one of those bagel toasters so you can stuff a big fat piece of battered french toast in there, ha).

Of course, on the downside, having quick access to easy yummy meals could be counter-productive if they become too tempting, ha. You can even make a bunch of stuff in a crock pot and gorge out of that for a whole weekend. And a toaster oven is nice to have, you can make your own quick pizzas in there, and you don't need cheese to make pizza (there are different sauces you can use). And, when a salad might seem unappealing, you can even make yummy sandwiches that are healthy using pocket bread and stuffing it with your salad and pouring some salad dressing in there. If you must eat meat, you can dice up some chicken and stuff in there too. I always don't find salads appealing, but when I add a plate of fresh warm home made bread sticks along side it, coated with a bit of butter and garlic salt, it sure does seem appealing then.

It can be challenging to think up some new ideas to eat healthy when our brain is trying to sabotage our efforts and convince us that the indoctrinated protocol we have always grown up with and known says a big fat roasted hog is the way to go, ha. It's just a matter of reprogramming the brain and getting it to accept it's new healthy choices by making sure that it understands the meaning of NO .. NO MORE making oneself sick with these unhealthy choices that only makes money for the machine. Let the sheople eat crap, you deserve better.
    Last edited by Divinorumus; 11-21-2009 at 06:52 PM.

The Diet Phase is supposed to be short term, for a good reason. To continue on it longer than a certain period could become dangerous. The Maintenance Phase, on the other hand, isn't dangerous. I noticed that during the Maintenance Phase I'm supposed to be on between 2200 to 2800 calories per day. Which is a lot, IMHO, but still probably not as much as I was on when I was eating all that fast food and pasta and stuff.

I would say the toughest thing about this diet is the expense, and the preparations. We go through way more of our budget now on vegies and stuff than we ever did on fast food. Seriously, a pack of hotdogs and buns are cheap, and last a week. A pack of bologna and a loaf of bread is cheap, and lasts two weeks. The stuff we've been getting for this diet has shot our food budget through the roof! Not to mention the cost of the HCG drug and the various things that are mixed with it and placed in the spray bottles. It is very precisely measured and calibrated.

I don't know how to upload the HCG information files, so I've created a Torrent, and I'm pasting the Magnet Link. If you have Bit Torrent, that magnet link should automatically grab my torrent from the DHT, and start the File Swarm running. Unless someone knows of a nice free file host somewhere. I'm tired of trying to use my Google website for stuff like this. Since the switch to their new interface things just aren't making sense to me.
    Please ask me about Solavei, Unlimited Everything for $49/month, plus applicable taxes! How would you like Free cell phone service?
    See my Blog and my Numerical Obsession
    I'm a Kopimist, not a Pirate.
    Long live Liberty!! Find me on Facebook too!
    Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar ... all for Bitcoins stand up and holler!

Peace and blessings to you (plural) in D'ni

Thread Information