I record WAY too much. I have a camcorder running almost constantly when I am travelling, I have sound being recorded using archos (I like to have sound samples of beaches and forests, even if it is seemingly quiet), plus I take thousands of pix. I like to explore old houses, graveyards, spooky swamps etc...
I have nothing recorded I can't explain.
I have a sinking feeling that most if not all the EVPs are due to a less-than-solid understanding of recording mechanisms and audio glitches... They are not necessarily random noise, but they are certainly not scientific in any way either. I am on the fence still, would love to see some real science thrown this way.
PS: The Archos AV500 is AWESOME. It has already travelled many thousands of kms with me, and not treated too well either. It is flawless, and I have really appreciated being able to either record or watch video no matter where I am. Mostly, it is my mp3 player when I am in town. DO NOT buy an iPod! You can't imagine what you are missing!
1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.