Thread: Whatever happened to "Art's Parts" ?

Whatever happened to "Art's Parts" ?

Hello,
    I used to listen to Art Bell years ago, and I still tune in to C2C occassionally. I was wondering whatever happened to Art's Parts? The aluminum-bismuth stuff that was supposedly collected from the rosewell crash site. as I remember they had it examined to determine what it was and no one knew of any similar material used on earth. but then the story just faded away. in all the years that have passed, has anything else happened with Art's Parts?
    thanks

Sacred Texts

Reporting on Art Bell's syndicated radio program "Dreamland" Sunday night,
    June 9, investigator Linda Howe said that the strange aluminum pieces sent to
    Bell by an anonymous source are not as anomalous as previously reported. The pieces,
    dubbed "Art's Parts," are allegedly part of the wreckage recovered
    from the fabled UFO crash near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. According to a
    letter accompanying the pieces, the sender's grandfather recovered them at
    the crash site and held them in secret until shortly before his death, when
    he disclosed them to other members of the family.

Linda Howe has helped to coordinate laboratory analysis of some of the
    pieces. So far it has been determined that they are composed mainly of
    extremely pure aluminum. However, preliminary measurement of the size of one
    piece, when compared with its weight, seemed to indicate that its density was
    about 60% greater than expected for aluminum. Though small amounts of other
    elements were identified in the piece, nothing accounted for the large weight discrepancy.

Now Linda Howe says a simple error of measurement was responsible for what
    appeared at first to be a potentially earthshaking discovery.

The scientist who first measured the piece was a biologist, Howe said. He
    used a scanning electron microscope to take the size measurements, not
    realizing that this method was prone to large error. A week later, after the
    object's apparently anomalous density had been announced on Bell's program,
    a second scientist -- this time a metallurgist -- measured the object with a
    micrometer. Its actual thickness was 60% greater than previously assumed,
    thus accounting for the additional weight. The object's density is therefore
    just what it should be for pure aluminum.

The biologist, Howe said, was "extremely apologetic and embarrassed" to have
    made such a major error.

"There's an important lesson here," Howe said. "Scientists make mistakes like
    anyone else. That's why science demands repeatability."

But other features of "Art's Parts" remain unexplained and potentially
    significant, Howe said. Some of the pieces contain layers of bismuth and
    magnesium/zinc alloy, the purpose of which is not immediately apparent.
    Further testing will be conducted this week.

Howe lamented the fact that there is no laboratory where such testing can be
    done quickly and efficiently by qualified scientists at no charge. The
    analysis of "Art's Parts" is being done voluntarily by several scientists in
    their spare time, using borrowed equipment and lab space.

All that being copied & pasted, if you can find the interview Art did with Brit & Lee Elders
    from 1996 then that would fill in the rest of the blanks.

thanks, I did actually find that article before I posted here. but I think that still begs the question, what happened after that? They determined what it's made of, and they were unable to find anything like it on earth, and then the story just died. Seems to me that in the 15 years since then someone would have done some more testing, or tried to figure out if there is anything like this on earth, if it's used in any industry or anything like that.

Also, in the hundreds of interviews of UFO experts that have taken place since then, often the question of physical evidence comes up and no one ever mentions it.

I'm sure if you were able to visit Art in Manila and convince him to binge on potato chips and coke the night before. I'm sure he would produce plenty of Art's Farts for you to study. Someone got a match?

The farts are probably locked up somewhere in a tank deep inside a cave and in time when there isn't the fear of the government confiscating them I'm sure they'll be revealed again in all their stinky glory.

Quote Originally Posted by garybeck View Post
    thanks, I did actually find that article before I posted here. but I think that still begs the question, what happened after that? They determined what it's made of, and they were unable to find anything like it on earth, and then the story just died. Seems to me that in the 15 years since then someone would have done some more testing, or tried to figure out if there is anything like this on earth, if it's used in any industry or anything like that.

Also, in the hundreds of interviews of UFO experts that have taken place since then, often the question of physical evidence comes up and no one ever mentions it.
    We should call in or write to Linda when she's on with George for an update on this or when Bell is on next time. Did you email Art?

Thread Information