Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Multilevel Universe: Consciousness - Free Will - Elemental Spirits

Captain Beyond UnRegistered

The Multilevel Universe: Consciousness - Free Will - Elemental Spirits

I was thinking today,as I sometimes do, , about the multiple universes,dimensions,and levels of existance.I decided to take a new approach to the concept and come at it from another perspective. What if,instead of the multiple levels,the multi dimensions being necessary for the existance of matter, they are necessary because of our consciousness,and free will?

In any decision we have to make,we have at minimum,three options, yes, no and indecision, and that does not factor in the opposing consciousness as well.

So, mebbe, just mebbe, the multipule dimensions are necessary for our consciousness and free will to express itself,and not for the pure exisance of matter at all.

Matter exists quite well in this realm of existance,so why should we assume that the concept of higher dimnsions, multiple universes,or planes of existance does follow along with the attraction of matter,and it's properties?

What if the extra dimensions,multiple universes were only necessary because of the consciousness,and the free will factor?

Is this not a valid argument to the equation?..All you deep brains out there,do chime in on this and take it to somewhere,I am counting on you!

Rick

CB, great thread and thought process IMHO.

I agree that the creation of mulitple universes is spawned in part by the free will of individual and perhaps collective consciousness. Any scenario, from a thought to action on the part of any singulur or collective consciousness would surely create another timeline or paralell reality.

That said though, there must be more to this equation. Take for example, things that manifest seemingly without conscious impetus; earthquakes, volacanic erruptions, mechanical failures such as plane crashes or car accidents. Obviously these incidents create a universe, in addtion to one, where the event did not occur or perhaps the event was circumvented or mitigated in some way.

Now some may say, that these events such as natural disasters or other actually has been created by a collective consciousness, either in awareness or not, in which case your original theory still stands.

Last, we seem to assume that matter has no consciousness, or atleast not consciousness the way we define and think of it relative to human existance.
    Do we know that to be correct? Perhaps there are other elements of the greater global consciousness that we do not understand.

Would be interested to hear others chime in on this topic.

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Captain Beyond UnRegistered
    Sure Alpha,that is entirely true.My thought and thread was merely an attempt to get the ball rolling so to speak,so thanks for helping to do that. We also have the elemental spirits that do exist as well,and they are present in many forms,from certain types of beings,to other more primative types present in nature.They do have consciousness as well and do exist in our 3D world as well as the higher planes of existance,so they do factor into the equation too.

Having said that,where do we draw the line of possabilities at?Does each storm have the multiple possabilities of all it's variables,i.e. wind speed,direction,temperature etc?If that is true,then we have an endless amount of posible futures,and thusly universes,and or dimensions as well.If we take that to the extreme,then every move we make in the physical world would give us another endless amount of possible universes,existances,or dimensions.To me,that is another piece of candy for the mind to dwell upon.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beyond
    Having said that,where do we draw the line of possabilities at?Does each storm have the multiple possabilities of all it's variables,i.e. wind speed,direction,temperature etc?If that is true,then we have an endless amount of posible futures,and thusly universes,and or dimensions as well.If we take that to the extreme,then every move we make in the physical world would give us another endless amount of possible universes,existances,or dimensions.To me,that is another piece of candy for the mind to dwell upon.

Rick
    CB, I agree that the possibilites are likely infinite.

Even what we consider to be "inanimate" matter has vibration and energy....a different kind of consciousness or component that has an effect on concsiousness as we define it?

And yes, all the possible variables from the large obvious ones to nano miniscule ones, all capable or spawning an "endless amout of possible futures".

Kinda blows the mind, doesn't it?

I'm not as well researched as you two are in these subjects, but when reading this the "Chaos Theory" came to mind. Am I way off? Or am I on the right wavelegnth...before I proceed?

Shecoda UnRegistered
    There is nothing chaotic about the universe. It would seem that way to us because we have a limited understanding ofhow the universe works. The chaos theory was suggested to explain the physical universe i.e. this object smashing into that molecule, this atom exploding, that neutron escaping. And somehow out of this chaos comes organized galaxies, solar systems, planets and planetoids, black holes, etc.

No God does not play dice with the universe in chaos.

This is more an inner understanding of the whole of existence, physical and non physical alike.

Well, I guess the conversation reminded me of the whole idea of chances and coincidences, which on a simple level , is the chaos theory. How things appear to be random. But in fact are random "happenings" are quite the opposite.

Maybe a little off topic, but connected to the infinite possibilities, that were brought up.

Shecoda UnRegistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Illyria
    Well, I guess the conversation reminded me of the whole idea of chances and coincidences, which on a simple level , is the chaos theory. How things appear to be random. But in fact are random "happenings" are quite the opposite.

Maybe a little off topic, but connected to the infinite possibilities, that were brought up.
    Nothing happens by chance or at random. However, under certain circumstances fate can take over, but free will would have to be handed over willingly to fate. It is still a choice.

I was thinking today,as I sometimes do, , about the multiple universes,dimensions,and levels of existance.I decided to take a new approach to the concept and come at it from another perspective.What if,instead of the multiple levels,the multi dimensions being necessary for the existance of matter,they are necessary because of our consciousness,and free will?
    I would say absolutely yes. If you look at the etymology of the word "intelligence," you might understand my point:
    http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=i&p=9
    intelligence
    1390, "faculty of understanding," from O.Fr. intelligence (12c.), from L. intelligentia "understanding," from intelligentem (nom. intelligens) "discerning," prp. of intelligere "to understand, comprehend," from inter- "between" + legere "choose, pick out, read" (see lecture). Meaning superior understanding, sagacity" is from c.1430. Sense of "information, news" first recorded c.1450, especially "secret information from spies" (1587). Intelligent is a 1509 back-formation; Intelligentsia "the intellectual class collectively" is 1907, from Rus. intelligyentsia, from Latin. Intelligence quotient first recorded 1922 (see I.Q.).
    Intelligence means to "choose between, select," or to navigate your way through all of the possibilities, be it consciously or unconsciously, or rationally or irrationally,, or any combination thereof. The relationship or interaction between the "different perspectives" (material and/or conscious) plays a large role in the "selection" process. JMHO.

We also have the elemental spirits that do exist as well,and they are present in many forms,from certain types of beings,to other more primative types present in nature.They do have consciousness as well and do exist in our 3D world as well as the higher planes of existance,so they do factor into the equation too.

Rick
    This is a great site and if you want to learn more about Elemental Spirits. Machaelle Small Wright wrote a book called Behaving as if the God in all life mattered. It is about a garden she created in Virginia called Perelandra Garden. I read the book many years ago and it is still available on amazon.

"Perelandra is for everyone who wants to take charge of their health, their environment and their life in simple, new and extraordinarily effective ways. The problem we're having with this little "Welcome" page is that what Perelandra has to offer is so revolutionary, a decent description won't fit into one paragraph.

So, if your health, your environment and your life matter to you, I encourage you, I urge you—hell, I dare you—to click on Bill the frog (below) to learn more about Perelandra and what we have to offer. Read our information and browse through our catalog—you can even read excerpts from the books we offer. This may be the most important click you'll ever make!"
    Machaelle Wright
    http://www.perelandra-ltd.com/AB1473...ge_ID=16&DID=8

Found this wonderful pic of Elemental Spirit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

........So, mebbe, just mebbe, the multipule dimensions are necessary for our consciousness and free will to express itself,and not for the pure exisance of matter at all.

Matter exists quite well in this realm of existance,so why should we assume that the concept of higher dimensions, multiple universes,or planes of existance does follow along with the attraction of matter, and it's properties?

What if the extra dimensions, multiple universes were only necessary because of the consciousness, and the free will factor?

Is this not a valid argument to the equation?..All you deep brains out there,do chime in on this and take it to somewhere, I am counting on you!

Rick
    Extremely deep and fascinating points to ponder Rick.

Among many thoughts, one prevalent one comes to mind and that is this: your premise seems to assume that "our" consciousness supercedes and is supreme over other "consciousness" of either "biological being", what we call matter, because perhaps we refer to that in our reference and terminology and what exactly that "attraction" of matter and "it's properties" truly are.

Perhaps we tend to visualize and equate "consciousness" relative to "human" reference and "existance" where this may only be one minute aspect of a whole dimensional, vibrational and energy system that is far more encompassing and complex than what we understand and perceive in this 3rd and perhaps 4th dimension.

In other words, we tend to project and personify "consciousness" as unqiue and limited to human/biological beings.

Perhaps we are totally misguided and incorrect.

Could it be, that because of our lack of knowledge, understanding and what we think is insight, that we are missing the bigger picture?...that perhaps what we feel is material, innanimate ....animal or mineral has a higher, equal or more precise consciousness than we do?

Yes, I agree that there must be some purpose to a multi dimensional universe.

That said though, to limit this to seemingly subjective thought, as we "humans" as the center of any cosmic plan, might be dangerous and misguided indeed....not to say that you said that and I do apologize if it seems that way....you just made me think about this ....and these are my thought...and hey...what do I know.

Oh and yes.....great topic...Elemental Spirits.

Speaking of dimension, "consciousness", existance of or not...who perceives what...why, where and how......these elements and their representation have been ever prevalent in recorded history, astrology, mythology, religeon, folklore etc. and acknowledged, recorded.

So what are they? What do they mean or represent relative to dimensional reality, consciousness and the evolutionary and ascending sprititual journey??

So let's look at what they are all about:

------------------------------

"The Four Elements of this World are; Earth, Fire, Water and Air.

According to myth and legend these each have their own particular kind of spirits.

They are called Elementals or Nature Spirits.

There are many names given to these beings such as; Fairies, Goblins, Pixies, Leprechauns, The Little People etc.

These elemental spirits have never been physically alive, as we human beings are alive.

They live in another dimension that we may sometimes see. Many believe they exist within their elements, as we exist on this planet that we call The World, or Earth.

We will now look at some of the spirits that may live within the four elements.

EARTH

SPIRITS GNOMES

Sometimes called Knockers, are the chief elemental spirits of the earth. Gnomes are thought to be wise spirits. However they are also believed to be very naughty and there are many reports of their bad behaviour. Some are said to have wicked tempers and they hate whistling. Never whistle in a cave or a mine, otherwise you could meet an angry Gnome. Some Gnomes are thought to be quite bashful and do not like being looked at by humans. This may explain why you have never seen one. In height they can be between 12 inches and three foot. Their physical features quite closely resemble those of human beings. Some have pointy ears and bushy beards. They are often pictured wearing pointed caps, loose jackets over tight trousers with a thick belt. Mines, caves and rocky regions are where these creatures usually live and work. It is from their constant chipping at the rocks that they get the name Knockers.

THE QUIET FOLK;

These are small human like figures with magical powers. They often wear floppy hats and carry knobbly walking sticks. Usually they live near old forests within ancient mounds or hillocks. They are thought to be able to bring both good and bad luck. If you meet one of The Quiet Folk always be polite, say please and thank you and offer them your best wishes. On no account must you be rude to them or they will play tricks on you and your family. These are very gentle spirits if you treat them well. But never, not ever, tell them a lie, they just hate liars.

BOGGART;

These beings are about 3 foot in height, rather plumpish with angry eyes and big grabby hands. They are scruffy looking creatures, very dangerous and should be avoided. If you go too close to a Boggart they will snatch you and drag you into the smelly hole that is their home. They usually live under bridges over streams, or where there is swampy land. It is from the name Boggart that we get the scary 'Bogy Man' that parents frighten children with. If you meet one always run home as fast as you can. Never talk to a Boggart, they make no sense anyway. And do not go within grabbing distance.

FIRE SPIRITS

SALAMANDERS:

These creatures are said to live in fire and flames. They look very much like a lizard with pointed claws and eyes like red hot coals. Sometimes they can be seen curled in the smouldering cinders of a household fire. They are said to protect the home they live in and should not be killed. The ancient Greeks believed ill luck came if they were mistreated. According to mythology they are born from the egg of a magical rooster and these take seven years to hatch.

BASILISK:

Also called a Cockatrice, this fabulous serpent like creature has a mitre shaped crest upon its head. Born from the egg of a **** hatched by a snake these fiery spirits are very wicked and evil. According to legend the Basilisk can kill with a terrible look. Should you see one dancing in the burning embers of some fire, run. If you can't escape then call out its name loudly. These nasty fire spirits hate people knowing their name. Another form of protection is to hold a mirror in front of the beast, their own hurtful glare is then turned back upon themselves.

HOBGOBLIN:

These are now very rarely seen. In height they are under two foot and they wear no clothes. Their faces are often extremely ugly and they seem to enjoy pulling them into funny shapes to scare human beings. Some believe that Hobgoblins can be seen dancing in the flames of domestic fires. They make their homes in the very warmest parts of houses, usually next to an open fire. Some have very special names, such as; Hob-Gob or Tom-Tit, if you chance to see one try using these. However expect no favours from your average Hobgoblin, they are selfish creatures whose main concern is keeping warm.

Air Spirits

FAIRIES:

This is the widest term used to describe all sorts of air elementals. These beings are thought to live between this world and heaven. Their wonderful palaces stand high in the air and are invisible to the human eye. Some are said to live inside old twisted trees, usually ancient oaks or hawthorns. They have many different names and are all capable of changing their shape. The English Fairy is often pictured as a small but very beautiful female, with gossamer wings. 'Tinkerbell' in the Disney film of Peter Pan is the image that many have of fairies. However they can change into birds, frogs, and butterflies. So never be cruel to these wild creatures, you might just hurt a fairy. Some are thought to appear as wrinkled old men with ugly fat warts on their long twisted noses. All fairies hate misers. They love dancing in the moonlight, especially on Midsummer night. Fairies will help those who are good and kind. But watch out if you are a mean type of person, the fairies will trip you up and play jokes on you.

BANSHEE:

Also known as the Ban-Sith. This is the fairy of death. They are never seen, but the terrible sounds they make strike terror into the hearts of all who hear them. They can be heard wailing and screaming round the houses of families where someone is about to die. It is believed the Banshee is calling to the spirit of the dying body and will lead it into the wonders of the world beyond. In Ireland and in Scotland the cry of the Banshee is feared, for it means a family member will die. These spirit beings attach themselves to certain families and their offspring. So anyone who has Irish or Scottish ancestry could have a Banshee spirit. However, the Banshee is not an evil elemental, it is a protective spirit. The Banshee cares for the family it lives with, in this world and the next. You will never see a Banshee, but take care if you hear one.

SIDHE:

These are the true aristocrats of the fairy kingdom. They are usually invisible and live in fabulous castles that float in the air. The Sidhe do sometimes appear to human beings and they are incredibly beautiful. Their Queen is called Maeve and she is so stunningly attractive that it is dangerous for human beings to look upon her. In height The Sidhe can be up to six foot, their hair is long, wavy and often blonde. Their clothes are brilliant white and always sparkling clean. However, despite their great beauty, the Sidhe are not always kind. They dislike dirty people who don't wash. And anyone who is unlucky enough to meet one on the 1st of May or Halloween; the 31st October, should run. These are the days when The Sidhe move house. Any Sidhe ill met by moonlight on the night of Halloween may dance you away into fairyland. Those who visit the land of the fairies are forever changed by the incredible experience.

Water Spirits

SIRENS:

Also called Mermaids, these are exceptionally beautiful female spirits. They look lovely and sing so softly and sweetly that men, especially sailors, fall under their spell. They are however, very dangerous to know. Usually four to five feet in height they often have a tail like a fish. Living beneath the sea, but close to shore, they use their fabulous looks and seductive songs to lure sailors onto the rocks where their ships are wrecked. Watch out for Sirens on soft summer moonlit nights, when the silver sea seems still and welcoming. Then they are seeking young men to drag down to their wonderful palaces beneath the waves. The Sirens have a Queen called Lamia, but she won't spare you. In fact if you hear their sweet songs as you sail the seas, close your ears.

VODYANY:

Quite the ugliest of elementals this fantastic creature resembles a naked, fat, humanoid pig. He is about three foot in height with a huge wobbly belly, bright red snout and is always dripping wet. This water spirit can sometimes be seen sitting at the side of rivers or ponds waiting for children, his favourite victims. He holds a thick club with many colored ribbons on and uses this to batter them to death. Some believe the Vodyany takes the souls of drowned people and keeps them in glass jars. Not on many people's party lists.

KELPIES: Also known as Mer-Men. These are the male equivalent of Mermaids. Young and usually very handsome, they play the harp and enchant the ladies with their music. Some say Kelpies are shape-shifters and describe them in various forms, such as half man half fish. Or as having long beards, yellowish teeth and red caps on their heads. In some countries the Kelpies are thought to ride dolphins and carry three pronged forks, like Neptune. Kelpies are said to be soul stealers that take drowned humans to their underwater homes. If you hear the gentle tones of a harp as you walk beside some lake, river or pond beware. The Kelpie is a greedy spirit and will snatch you down into the watery depths if it gets a chance.

-------------------------------------------------

So what does this all mean? and how does it relate back to the initial question of multi dimension, purpose, consciousness.......well......

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information