Thread: My good friend, Jon Cotner

My good friend, Jon Cotner

Has anyone here ever heard of my good friend, Jon Cotner?
    I met Jon in 2007 and since then we've built a good friendship.

Let me introduce Jon the best way possible. The voice is 100% real. The man was born on Jan 8th of 1935.

So Do you think Jon Cotner is Elvis Bian?
    -Thirsty

Jon is Jon. Elvis died in 1977 and Jon Cotner lives.
    That is all I will say about that.

However, I would direct towards the original Home Alone. To one particular airport scene, where the mother is arguing with the clerk.
    Right before Jon Candy comes up. For a few seconds. You will see Jon. Clear as day with a beard and in his 50's.

Many people missed it the first time and many other times. Jon admitted that was him.
    Like I said. Jon is alive and well. He loves Elvis' fans and only came out of hiding due to frauds pretending to be Elvis.
    His grand children look like Presleys. Especially his grandson Jessee. Looks like a young Elvis.
    Last edited by Bain; 05-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.

How does Jon live? Does he seem to have a few bucks? Does he have a collection of guitars? I find this guy to be pretty interesting.

I am a bit suspicious though, if you are going to fake a death , I would guess you would think of something a little more dignified than dying on the toilet, but that may be just me.
    -Thirsty

Jon's a very private person. I've seen the inside of one of his homes before, only through a DVD that he shared with his friends.
    Pretty much he gave us a small, unplugged concert & that was very nice to say the least. When he sings, he does mostly without music now days.
    Other times he will play a piano if the computer is in the correct room. You can get to know Jon, his website is: http://jon-cotner.com & his forum is http://mysterytrain.yuku.com and I almost forgot.
    He comes on paltalk every so often. At least 4 times a year @ http://www.paltalk.com/g2/group/1077...oupDetails.wmt

Jon once told us this: It would be very foolish of me to return to a life, I worked so hard to get out of. There would be fans who would understand. Others would be hurt. Some might go to an extreme. I can't risk that.
    I come online and sing, talk with you, my friends, to keep the memory of Elvis and his music alive. I am not Elvis. I do look remarkably like him...only I am better looking. I sound exactly like him. My birth date is the same. But I am not Elvis.
    Elvis died August 16th 1977. Jon Cotner is not dead.

Jon is so private that even his children don't have his phone number. He calls them. They know where he lives.
    If I can dig out a couple of pictures of his grandchildren I will post those here as well.

Jon can't play guitar much any more due to arthritis in his hands. He does say he can play a better guitar now than in the past when he knew 3 chords.
    He does love the piano and plays that beautifully.

I used to believe Elvis was alive. Now I say this. Elvis died. Like mulder, I have learned that some secrets need to remain hidden. But shared as allowed.
    Jon wants his fans to know he is alive and well. Just not those who are out to hurt him or his family.

Oh it looks like Jon has a new Bible study CD coming out in June. These are something special to him.
    He talks in these Cds and pretty much shares his insight/wisdom. Everyone knows Elvis was a very spiritual person.

New Bible Study Vol. 8- "Angels, Ghosts Or Time Travelers From Other Dimensions - The Truth About Shadow People and Other Hauntings"

When Elvis died I was a child (6 years old). It was the very first time I had heard about him. I can remember that many people around the world were shocked and sad about his sudden death. The people were/are crazy about him. I have never understood why they were/are so curious about his private life. I began to love his music only a few years ago.. I think he was a very great entertainer and singer. During my teenager time I went to many concerts the pop groups I had loved, but I afterwards I went home. I respected their private lives. I loved their music, that was all.
    Now I really try to understand the hype around Elvis life, but what I have found was suffering and pain in Elvis life. I think, he had great times in his career but he had to pay a very high price for it. He lived in a golden prison.

I could understand when he disappeared for living a private life like anybody else. Everyone has the right to do so. I hope he lives a good live. This is the better ending for his story than dying very early. I love his songs and he lives in his songs. We will never forget him.
    I hope that Jon will sing much more songs. I love his music, too. Unfortunately, I can not buy a book. It is not possible at amazon.de to get it.

Please apologize my mistakes. I am not a native speaker.

Thread Information