Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Superbowl Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Project View Post
    Sure it is entertaining, so is cocaine.
    Oh P, lighten up. They spent millions of dollars to sell the "whatever" and make it entertaining! Have some fun for goodness sake.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
    I was a part of a cat herding operation once, nothing like hearing a herd of cats all purring in unison under a moonlit sky in the middle of the night.
    Oh, DS! That sounds absolutely thrilling! I am jealous!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dera View Post
    Oh P, lighten up. They spent millions of dollars to sell the "whatever" and make it entertaining! Have some fun for goodness sake.
    I have enormous amounts of fun, every single day. I live to have fun and enjoy life. Amazingly, I do not get any fun or happiness in my life from the boob tube, and yet I still feel happy.

Commercials are made expressly and only to manipulate your mind. That they spent millions does not impress me, it scares me. Not only do some people find them fun, but they feel the need to defend the "fun" they are having.

Either way, I didn't say you were wrong for watching or liking them, I said I found it strange, and I compared it to a hard drug.
    proj·ect
    1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
    4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
    5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
    6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
    7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
    9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.

Millions going into advertising has to come from somewhere - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1264972.html
    proj·ect
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.

I'll just be a buzzkill here and say I can't believe people choose to watch ads ON PURPOSE
    I have to join you on this one P....guess that makes 2 of us buzzkill people on this one

First the good ole boob tube tells everyone what is cool, what isn't, what is "in", what's not, what makes one "cool", "successful", desirable, what one's social and moral attitudes and values should be etc, etc...and then, the commercials bombard with much of the same: what to buy, what you have to have, what will make you sexier than the rest etc. etc. etc.

Millions and trillions of $$ are spent on this when people are starving, people can't get medical care, folks are loosing their homes, jobs.

All of it is social conditioning and mind control at it's finest IMHO.

As Judee said, it's a planned distraction and it works really well for the most part

Sorry folks, I can't enjoy any of it, nor is it fun nor is it entertaining for me, because I see what they are doing or think I do...all of it just makes me sad and angry.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I love fun, I love to laugh and I like to enjoy things....this just isn't it for me.

Have fun and carry on!

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

...and please don't let what I said stop anyone from posting stuff like this, it is the only place I see these things, so it is constructive. I do however reserve the right to comment negatively

Peace to all.
    proj·ect

...and please don't let what I said stop anyone from posting stuff like this, it is the only place I see these things, so it is constructive. I do however reserve the right to comment negatively

Peace to all.
    Ditto....I second that emotion!!!

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information