You hit the nail on the head here. Go to real websites. Facebook is a marketing platform, not a news site. Sure maybe you will stumble on interesting things there, but it is in no way a good place for news. Every organization on FB who does news-type things have their own websites, go there instead.
Originally Posted by snowbird
1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.