Thread: Does This Look Like A UFO Or What?

Judee is offline LOOK TO THE SUN FOR THE ANSWERS OF WHY

Does This Look Like A UFO Or What?

Does this look like a UFO or what? If I saw it in the sky, that's what I would think it was!

darparelease.jpg
    This artists rendering provided by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency shows a Hypersonic Technology Vehicle-2, an unmanned hypersonic glider that likely aborted its 13,000 mph flight over the Pacific Ocean last summer because unexpectedly large sections of its skin peeled off, the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency said Friday April 20, 2012. (AP Photo/DARPA)

DARPA releases cause of hypersonic glider anomaly
    April 21, 2012 By JOHN ANTCZAK , Associated Press

(AP) -- An unmanned hypersonic glider likely aborted its 13,000 mph flight over the Pacific Ocean last summer because unexpectedly large sections of its skin peeled off, the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency said Friday.

Luxury Private Jet Rental - Light Jet Prices start at $1,550/hr Call for TODAY's Only Specials - BlueStarJets.com

The Hypersonic Technology Vehicle-2, launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., atop a rocket and released on Aug. 11, 2011, was part of research aimed at developing super-fast global strike capability for the Department of Defense.

The vehicle demonstrated stable aerodynamically controlled flight at speeds up to 20 times the speed of sound, or Mach 20, for three minutes before a series of upsets caused its autonomous flight safety system to bring it down in the ocean, DARPA said in a statement.

A gradual wearing away of the vehicle's skin was expected because of extremely high temperatures, but an independent engineering review board concluded that the most probable cause was "unexpected aeroshell degradation, creating multiple upsets of increasing severity that ultimately activated the Flight Safety System," the statement said.
    You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis

Well, that is what a UFO is If it is in the sky and you don't know what it is... bingo!

By far the best explanation for UFOs is that they are military stuff. Until that is totally disproved I don't see how anyone can believe aliens are piloting them.
    proj·ect
    1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
    4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
    5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
    6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
    7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
    9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.

We all agree that a certain percentage of "UFO" sightings are probably Top Secret Black Ops craft, very much built here on Planet Earth. And The Powers That Be want us to believe these craft are from "Out There".

But there are still some encounters, sightings, etc that cannot be easily explained away. If nothing else, my own Uncle Al Loedding has me convinced that we have been and are being visited by Beings from....well.....somewhere else!

Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

That my friend is a weather balloon...
    Sometimes the Truth isn't the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    We all agree that a certain percentage of "UFO" sightings are probably Top Secret Black Ops craft, very much built here on Planet Earth. And The Powers That Be want us to believe these craft are from "Out There".

But there are still some encounters, sightings, etc that cannot be easily explained away. If nothing else, my own Uncle Al Loedding has me convinced that we have been and are being visited by Beings from....well.....somewhere else!

Mary and Baby
    "I want to believe".

However, I have never heard of or seen anything that is "impossible" for it to have been humans piloting those craft. Obviously I don't really believe that people see little green men walking around, or grey ones, or nordic ones etc etc.

The lights in the sky could all be humans. They may not be, but that is the most obvious answer.
    proj·ect
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.

You mean it isn't swamp gas?

Oh, yeah, the question was, "Does this look like a UFO or what"?

Since I have never seen a UFO, I'm going with it that it is a "WHAT". But whatever it is, it is still on the drawing board, right?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

Judee is offline LOOK TO THE SUN FOR THE ANSWERS OF WHY
    Well, it's actually this...

The Hypersonic Technology Vehicle-2, launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., atop a rocket and released on Aug. 11, 2011, was part of research aimed at developing super-fast global strike capability for the Department of Defense.
    It occurred to me that anyone happening to see it would certainly think it was some kind of 'alien' craft. But it actually could be alien technology that helped the government make it, right?
    You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis

I've looked at it several times now. I'm not trying to be--what, a smarty pants--but the first thing that occurs to me is that it looks like a muscle shell found by the hundreds on the beach. After all the gazillions of bucks that went into developing it, I hope it works like gangbusters!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Project View Post
    "I want to believe".

However, I have never heard of or seen anything that is "impossible" for it to have been humans piloting those craft. Obviously I don't really believe that people see little green men walking around, or grey ones, or nordic ones etc etc.

The lights in the sky could all be humans. They may not be, but that is the most obvious answer.
    OK...let me ask you this. If it is not impossible for all that has been seen to be orchestrated or created by us here, should it also not be impossible not to suppose or consider that others could do the same and more and actually "travel" here?

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    OK...let me ask you this. If it is not impossible for all that has been seen to be orchestrated or created by us here, should it also not be impossible not to suppose or consider that others could do the same and more and actually "travel" here?
    Yes it is possible, but approximately a trillion times less likely. The most obvious explanation for any of this stuff is it is secret aircraft etc. We do not need to posit a possible extraterrestrial intelligence who can travel interstellar distances just to come buzz us when we KNOW for a fact we have "intelligent life" here on earth that can create flying machines. If something is impossible for us to accomplish (and I can't think of much that could be, we can do stealth, highspeed maneovres (especially with unmanned aircraft), weird lights, etc etc) that can be recorded or witnessed then maybe we need to look elsewhere.

I think anyone who has looked into military R+D has to agree we know almost nothing about what they are capable of at this point.
    proj·ect

When something is more likely, it doesn't mean everything else is impossible, just that is the strongest theory at this time. If aliens came down and had a news conference saying "Yup it was us all this time" then the theory should likely be changed.

I believe the sky is blue because of atmospheric refraction, water vapour and so on. This does not mean it is impossible that god just painted it blue, or that I am hallucinating.
    proj·ect

Thread Information