So which companies are paying big bucks to fight GMO labeling?
August 6, 2012
Proposition 37, better known as the Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, is set to go to ballot this November in California. The initiative would require labels signifying when a food product contains genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and items that do include GMO would no longer be allowed to use descriptors such as “all-natural” on food packaging (because they are not).
Both sides of the debate have raised millions for the cause in lead-up to what will be an historic vote with far-reaching ramifications. Well, have you wondered which companies are paying big bucks to fight for GMO against truth in advertising? Check this list out (from KCET.org):
- Pepsi and Coca-Cola (professional rivals coming together for one cause, like The Avengers of Frankenfood)Some of these names may surprise you, most likely do not, but the point is these companies are using top-dollar financial influence to cloud any attempt at transparency with their genetically modified products…
– General Mills
– ConAgra, the company behind Gulden’s, Jiffy Pop, Swiss Miss, and dozens more
– Smucker’s has given money as well, which very much contradicts their ad campaign about what simple, rural farm folk who just love fruit they are.
Read Melissa’s entire article at the Planet Infowars Social Network.
- Environmental group sues 26 companies for false organic labeling of personal care products
- FDA Deletes 1 Million Signatures for GMO Labeling Campaign
- Consumer activists unite to demand labeling of genetically modified foods
- Frito-Lay sued for labeling its GMO-filled snacks as “All Natural”
- Hacked companies fight back with controversial steps
- US paying allies to fight war in Iraq
- Monsanto Threatens Lawsuit Over GMO Labeling Bill
- California to mandate labeling for GMO salmon
- NYT distorts GMO labeling issue, tries to make it a debate about crop yields
- Top 9 Foods the Government is Paying for You to Eat
- Monsanto threatens Vermont legislature over GMO labeling bill, says it will sue state
- Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling
GMO - Monsanto - Genetically Modified/Engineered Food!