View Poll Results: Will you subscribe to Sirius/XM just to hear Art Bell's new show?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes absolutely without question.

2 22.22%
  • Maybe, depending on how much I like the new show

3 33.33%
  • No, no way will I pay that amount to listen

4 44.44%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Bell's Dark Matter - Art Bell Returns on Sirius XM Radio on September 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Judee View Post
    Thanks Alpha. 7:00 PM is too early for me though--too busy then.
    10 pm EST doesn't really work well for me either Judee, however Dark Matter replays several times and Ground Zero is available for streaming free anytime you have the time and inclination.

Regardless, I will do whatever it takes to be here when Art's new show debuts live. Hopefully we can get some others as well.

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    We could open a room in the TO just as we do for Coast to Coast, see who shows up, see how it goes during that 30 day free trial.

I seriously doubt if I'll pay to listen to AB. I would if I could afford it. I might if AB proves to be worth it.

uhm, is it just me, or, hmmmm, does Art look a little...creepy...in that publicity photo?

Mary and Baby
    Yeah, I think he looks a little bit creepy too Mary but then again, as Judee says, maybe he's trying to look "dark" ...he's never really been a "looker" IMO anyway....in other words, he has the perfect face for radio!!!

Sirius XM feed for internet only is about $8/ mo, but that is still very high IMO for just one show, if that all one is getting it for...almost double for what Premiere costs for a Coast membership.

I don't know what Art's deal is or if Sirius also sells shows to regular radio, so let's hope that if Art's show takes off that he will get some regular radio affiliates going forward.

Even if not, as Dark Skies stated, there will probably be a whole bunch of alternate sources to hear the show...not in real time though, which is a real shame.

Listening to Art together live, is what brought most of us together in the first place. With Satellite it will never be the same as it was without universal access to all

Art got quite a bit of coverage it seems about his new show on the MM.

Changes at artbell.com:

artbell20130730.jpg

Each pink letter is a link to a video clip announcing Art's new show "Dark Matter:

A = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

B = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

R = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

S = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

r = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

u = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

X = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

R = http://mms.tveyes.com/Playerlette.as...e&refchecked=1

Press Release:

Legendary Radio Personality Art Bell to Launch Exclusively on SiriusXM

One of the most listened-to radio hosts of the last two decades returns to the airwaves with expanded live, nightly call-in show

On "Art Bell's Dark Matter," the late night broadcasting legend to explore the paranormal and unexplained with expert guests and listeners nationwide

Bell to open the phone lines and listeners' minds to debunk and declassify conventional wisdom in an uncensored, unscripted forum

NEW YORK, July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) announced today it will be the exclusive home to legendary radio personality Art Bell, marking the return of the trailblazing late night host to radio with a new, expanded live, nightly call-in show on which he will explore the paranormal, unexplained and more with expert guests and listeners nationwide.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101014/NY82093LOGO )

Art Bell's Dark Matter
    will debut in fall 2013 on Indie, SiriusXM channel 104, airing nightly from 10:00 pm – 1:00 am ET (7:00 – 10:00 pm PT). Bell will host the show from his home studio in Pahrump, Nevada—near the storied Area 51—opening the phones lines and inviting listeners and expert guests to join his uncensored, unscripted nightly conversation about a wide variety of topics including: the paranormal, near-death experiences, quantum physics, extraterrestrial life and the unusual.

A 2008 inductee to the National Radio Hall of Fame, Bell was one of the top five most listened-to talk hosts in America when he was syndicated weeknights from 1993-2003, sharing the top rankings with Howard Stern, Dr. Laura and Rush Limbaugh, with as many as fifteen million listeners on 500 radio stations. Howard Stern and Dr. Laura are also exclusively heard on SiriusXM.

"SiriusXM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell's Dark Matter," said Art Bell. "Though invisible, dark matter accounts for gravitational forces observed in the universe—expect these forces to be at work in the uncensored, unrestricted creative arena of satellite radio, a medium with truly extraterrestrial reach."

"We are excited to be the exclusive home of Art Bell, who has captivated a nation of listeners throughout his career with his intelligent and inquisitive, yet entertaining, style," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "Art Bell left terrestrial radio after the biggest possible successes. We are honored that Art now wants to work with SiriusXM to write his next chapter; his vision takes advantage of our best strengths and his new show will be uncensored, unrestricted, uncluttered and utterly unique. With his return to radio on SiriusXM, he will be able to reach millions of longtime listeners and new fans everywhere in the nation."

Bell started in radio at age thirteen when he became a licensed amateur radio operator, a license and interest that he holds to this day. He hosted radio shows while serving in the Air Force in Vietnam, became an engineer when he returned to the U.S., and returned to the airwaves with a late night show on a Las Vegas radio station that ultimately became his nationally syndicated show "Coast to Coast AM."

Art Bell's Dark Matter
    will be available on SiriusXM On Demand after it airs for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com.

Visit www.siriusxm.com, www.artbell.com and @ArtBell51 on Twitter for more information.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/legend...140100641.html

Judee is offline LOOK TO THE SUN FOR THE ANSWERS OF WHY
    I would have voted in the Poll Alpha, but there wasn't a category for my situation. For me, it's that the time is too early, and paying $8.00 a month to listen to one show (as you already mentioned), is just too much. And so I would have voted 'yes I will listen' if he were on regular radio, at a later time in the evening--say beginning around 9:00 PM or later Pacific time.
    You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    10 pm EST doesn't really work well for me either Judee, however Dark Matter replays several times and Ground Zero is available for streaming free anytime you have the time and inclination.

Regardless, I will do whatever it takes to be here when Art's new show debuts live. Hopefully we can get some others as well.
    For me, it's only fun if I can listen while being interactive with others... I'd have to subscribe to do that. I can see why Art has it at that time though. He has a family to consider, and probably doesn't want to be up half the night.

I would have voted in the Poll Alpha, but there wasn't a category for my situation. For me, it's that the time is too early, and paying $8.00 a month to listen to one show (as you already mentioned), is just too much. And so I would have voted 'yes I will listen' if he were on regular radio, at a later time in the evening--say beginning around 9:00 PM or later Pacific time.
    So I guess you would have voted no because the question in the poll is "would you subscribe to Sirius radio just to hear Art?" I was just thinking about if Art would motivate people spending $$ just to hear him live and personally I don't think it will.

I never thought of the time slot being an issue until you brought it up, but it's an excellent point too...maybe we need another poll? I think that's a busy time for a lot of folks on the west Coast...dinner time, getting kids to bed, just getting home from work etc.....not so much for us on EST I guess.

Art would have a much larger listenership live for his new show if he was broadcasting on the regular air waves or somewhere else on the net without having to buy a subscription.

For me, it's only fun if I can listen while being interactive with others... I'd have to subscribe to do that. I can see why Art has it at that time though. He has a family to consider, and probably doesn't want to be up half the night.
    I hear you. It's a lot more fun listening to the show with others and chatting in the TO.

Maybe he didn't have a choice with the time slot He's on the same time you are PST, I think and that would be prime time to spend with Asia, after school, bedtime etc. When he gets off the air, she will be asleep.

I went to the Sirius/XM website and I think I found what you get for your $7.99
    http://www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions/alacartechoices
    They call it "A La Carte" For $7.99/month you choose up to 50 Channels. Some restrictions apply...of course

Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    I went to the Sirius/XM website and I think I found what you get for your $7.99
    http://www.siriusxm.com/subscriptions/alacartechoices
    They call it "A La Carte" For $7.99/month you choose up to 50 Channels. Some restrictions apply...of course

Mary and Baby
    It's about the same price for what Sirius in Canada charges for internet only access, although I think the Canadian one give access to all of their channels for that price.

It's still pretty pricey IMO if one only wants to listen to Art's show. Streamlink for C2C is less at 6.95/mo or less if you subscribe for 6 or 12 months, plus it includes access to archives of years worth of programs, downloads etc., which Sirius does not.

If I was Art, I would be worried about the "take rate" for his new show and how they would measure that..

Hmmm....from Aug 1, 2013 in the afternoon on FB:

George Knappposted toArt Bell

2 hours ago

Art--want to do something for TV news about your return?
    gknapp@8newsnow.com
    I will also try to reach you via other means.

GK

Like ·

• 33 people like this.

• Art Bell Hi George, please contact me at artbell@mindspring.com
      about an hour ago via mobile · Like ·

Do we see George Knapp picking up any of Art's Dark Matter Friday to Sunday program maybe? ...don't think Premiere would like that too much

Good for Knapp, but yeah, I'm sure Premier wouldn't be pleased. I wonder if Art had to sign an 'exclusive' with Sirius?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hmmm....from Aug 1, 2013 in the afternoon on FB:

George Knappposted toArt Bell

2 hours ago

Art--want to do something for TV news about your return?
    gknapp@8newsnow.com
    I will also try to reach you via other means.

GK

Like ·

• 33 people like this.

• Art Bell Hi George, please contact me at artbell@mindspring.com
      about an hour ago via mobile · Like ·

Do we see George Knapp picking up any of Art's Dark Matter Friday to Sunday program maybe? ...don't think Premiere would like that too much
    And LMH, Art should offer her Sunday nights for Dreamland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
    And LMH, Art should offer her Sunday nights for Dreamland.
    LMH would be a great addition DS, I agree. Wonder if she has signed anything with Coast of if she's a free agent? Do we know if Art will even be able to have time slots on the weekend on that channel?

BTW someone did a nice graphic for Art's new show:

Starr DiGiacomo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information