View Poll Results: Will you subscribe to Sirius/XM just to hear Art Bell's new show?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes absolutely without question.

2 22.22%
  • Maybe, depending on how much I like the new show

3 33.33%
  • No, no way will I pay that amount to listen

4 44.44%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Art Bell's Dark Matter - Art Bell Returns on Sirius XM Radio on September 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    LMH would be a great addition DS, I agree. Wonder if she has signed anything with Coast of if she's a free agent? Do we know if Art will even be able to have time slots on the weekend on that channel?

BTW someone did a nice graphic for Art's new show:

Starr DiGiacomo
    I'm sure I've heard LMH on other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
    I'm sure I've heard LMH on other shows.
    Yeah, you're right.

They don't pay the guests, so I guess they really can't demand or control what they do.

Looks like Art isn't going to book guests for his own show.

He's announced on artbell.com that the contact for guest bookings is someone by the name of Paul Bowman....anyone know who this is?

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Some of you may be interested in this:

Clyde Lewis & Art Bell - Did You Know?

4 hours instead of 3!!!

That will cut into the first hour of Coast live!! Noory must be getting pretty worried!

From Art Bell's Facebook at 8:22PM ABT 08/17/2013

Sirius/XM is giving me complete freedom, so I think instead of three hours I will most times do four hours which will then be repeated right away! I will start with favorite Guest's then climb new mountains after a couple of Weeks. I must keep in mind that there 26 million there most who have never heard of the show. This is going to be fun!

One of the reasons Art chose Sirius XM....from his FB:

Art Bell

4 hours ago near Pahrump, NV via mobile

One last comment for now on why Sirius/XM, even though not all can afford it, I could not think of a better way to cover every square inch of U.S. soil and beyond with one big Mother of a signal.

More from Art on the format of his new show from FB:

Art Bell

4 hours ago near Pahrump, NV via mobile

So that means I will be on from 10PM-6AM E.S.T. BTW, all calls except when a Guest is on will be not screened.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    4 hours instead of 3!!!

That will cut into the first hour of Coast live!! Noory must be getting pretty worried!

From Art Bell's Facebook at 8:22PM ABT 08/17/2013

Sirius/XM is giving me complete freedom, so I think instead of three hours I will most times do four hours which will then be repeated right away! I will start with favorite Guest's then climb new mountains after a couple of Weeks. I must keep in mind that there 26 million there most who have never heard of the show. This is going to be fun!
    He'll be breaking new ground...again
    I'm leaning towards signing up for the Free Trial and then see what happens.

Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    He'll be breaking new ground...again
    I'm leaning towards signing up for the Free Trial and then see what happens.

Mary and Baby
    Go for it Mary. It's for a month. That should give you a good idea whether you think it's worth subscribing to or not.

Who knows, maybe in time Art will get some affiliates to broadcast his show on the regular airwaves...that would be awesome!!

Art just posted this:

Art Bell.com shared Art Bell's status.

4 hours ago

As Art mentioned, the Internet Radio player subscription is detailed here: http://artbell.com/how-to-listen-to-art-bell/

As you all can see I am up late (in training for Dark Matter) as somebody mentioned on my page there is no reason both shows can not coexist. George does one type of show and I do another, both should benefit from competition, that's how the rest of the World works.

BTW, Dark Matter can be heard on your I phone or Android as well as your computer just ask Sirius/XM you do not have to buy a receiver. But do check out artbell.com for how cool the orbits are for their birds, true Extraterrestrial Radio.

But how many people do you think will be able to hear him on XM radio? We have it but it's in the semi that disappears for 10 days or so, at a time. Do you think there will be audio links to his show somewhere?

Sigh... nevermind, I just clicked in to another post that explained having to sign in to Sirius XM... and pay for it. Money, money, money...pay for radio, pay for bandwidth....

I personally hope it takes off because the show gave a lot of people listening pleasure and I really enjoyed listening to him too. But the show will not be freely accessible as far as I can tell.... and I don't think that the audience numbers will be there on pay radio. Too bad - I guess I won't be listening.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    But how many people do you think will be able to hear him on XM radio? We have it but it's in the semi that disappears for 10 days or so, at a time. Do you think there will be audio links to his show somewhere?

Sigh... nevermind, I just clicked in to another post that explained having to sign in to Sirius XM... and pay for it. Money, money, money...pay for radio, pay for bandwidth....

I personally hope it takes off because the show gave a lot of people listening pleasure and I really enjoyed listening to him too. But the show will not be freely accessible as far as I can tell.... and I don't think that the audience numbers will be there on pay radio. Too bad - I guess I won't be listening.
    Good question snowbird!! .....so I looked it up.

Sirius XM Radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_XM_Radio‎
    As of Q2 2013, Sirius XM has over 25 million subscribers. .... company was selling more subscriptions with the drop in the number of cars sold annually in the US ...

25 millions subscribers is a whole bunch, although it can't really compare to the potential of regular radio depending on how many stations potentially could have picked up Art's new show.

From what I've been reading on the net, a lot of Art's old fans are going to sign up for a subscription. There are also those that won't and hope that somehow the audio of these shows will make it to the internet free somehow or that some radio stations will pick up the show.

Art is offering a 30 day free trial to Sirius XM snowbird, so why don't you sign up for that on Sept. 16, so you can listen to the show via your computer for a month, to see if you like it:

http://artbell.com/how-to-listen-to-art-bell/

The internet Sirius XM subscription in Canada is $7.99/month

http://www.siriusxm.ca/What-is-Siriu...net-Radio.aspx

I"m sure that there will be those out there recording the show and putting it up on the net. Not quite sure how Sirius XM will respond to that and in all honesty, doing so isn't very fair to Art either, as he deserves to get paid for his work.

I hope you sign up for the free trial snowbird and join us on Art's debut night on Sept. 16. It would be fun to listen to him live after such a long time with old friends!!

I've signed up. I'm pretty excited about it since I never got to listen to any of his live shows.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnMaple View Post
    I've signed up. I'm pretty excited about it since I never got to listen to any of his live shows.
    You're in for a real "wanna take a ride" night ...I hope Art still has the stuff!!

You have never heard Art Bell live?...did you start to listen to Coast after one of his retirements or?

Hope you can join us for Art's Dark Matter debut on Sept. 16th...we'll have a live chat going on during the show here:

Sept. 16, 2013 - Art Bell's Dark Matter Debut Night

Again, a warm welcome to you to IW!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information