Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 21 of 21

Thread: Jan. 5 - 6, 2014 - Gerald Celente/Technology - M G Michael/Bible Prophecy

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Krepta3000 View Post
    I Totally disagree with Gerald Celente's assessment of bitcoin. He is Wrong Wrong Wrong. He said it's not transparent enough for him. It couldn't be MORE transparent! It's totally Open Source, as in Anyone can read the code that everything runs on, and Every Single Transaction is publicly recorded! http://blockchain.info/

    It's NOT Fiat. Fiat means a Government says something is Money, and that's the only reason it's money. That's it! Bitcoin is money because PEOPLE, like Me, Decided to adopt it, because we like it's features. Not because someone Proclaimed that it is money. It is not printed by any government, it's rate of growth is controlled by the algorithm it was written with. That algorithm can't be changed without totally being rejected by all the clients already out there. The P2P network maintains the integrity of the transactions with a processing method called Mining. Miners make sure there is no cheating, no double spending. They also make sure that the growth of the supply is Predictable! What FIAT currency can claim that?

    Gerald is a practically Religious evangelist for Gold and Silver, THAT is why he doesn't like bitcoin. Not because of the reasons he claimed. Because it's not gold or silver. Even though there are Physical BTC coins that are gold. If nothing else the Metal can be melted down and spent in a gold based economy. He should totally support Bitcoin, if only the Physical coins.
    But, someone did proclaim that Bitcoin is money...YOU did, and all of those who mine/make/use Bitcoin Declared that it's money.
    When the Big Solar Flare hits and fries everything electronic, where will your Bitcoins be?
    The rest of us will still have metal, stones, heck, buttons, to trade for goods.

    Gerald is a practically Religious evangelist for Gold and Silver, THAT is why he doesn't like bitcoin. Not because of the reasons he claimed.
    Really? you know Celente well enough that you can call him a liar?

    Finally, if you believe so strongly in something, be it Bitcoins, or how delicious bacon is, or The Man in the Moon, or whatever, really, why do you care what opinion someone else holds?
    Why say
    He should totally support....
    ?

    We all know I still have serious doubts about Bitcoin and I voice them. But I'm not telling any one they shouldn't do it....

    Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

    FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

    Twitter Too

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Oh man....no comments about the Biblical Prophecy?
    Oh well...

    Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

    FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

    Twitter Too

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    7,187
    Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    But, someone did proclaim that Bitcoin is money...YOU did, and all of those who mine/make/use Bitcoin Declared that it's money.
    No, I didn't. There is a huge difference between an INDIVIDUAL person, like me, deciding to accept something as a currency, and a Government Declaring that it is a currency, forcing everyone to use it.


    When the Big Solar Flare hits and fries everything electronic, where will your Bitcoins be?
    The rest of us will still have metal, stones, heck, buttons, to trade for goods.
    Good point, that's why you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. How much of your money is physical, hmm? Something like 80% of ALL of the world's currencies are currently electronic. You did know that, right?

    Really? you know Celente well enough that you can call him a liar?
    I don't need to know HIM to know that he is lying. Stop defending his BS.

    Finally, if you believe so strongly in something, be it Bitcoins, or how delicious bacon is, or The Man in the Moon, or whatever, really, why do you care what opinion someone else holds?
    Why say ?

    We all know I still have serious doubts about Bitcoin and I voice them. But I'm not telling any one they shouldn't do it....

    Mary and Baby
    His opinion is wrong, I said it's wrong, I have every right to say it's wrong, WTF is wrong with you?
    See my Blog and my Numerical Obsession
    I'm a Kopimist, not a Pirate.
    Long live Liberty!! Find me on Facebook too!
    Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar ... all for Bitcoins stand up and holler!

    Peace and blessings to you (plural) in D'ni

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    14
    I work third shift and try to listen in-between all the running around I do. What little I heard I rather enjoyed.

    I found M G Michael to be pretty on-point in regards to the Book of Revelation, unlike most prophecy pundits.

    He seems to understand that the Book of Daniel plays a significant role in understanding Revelation. Rightfully so, since Daniel is basically the springboard of End Times prophecy and is the very book that Lord Jesus Himself unseals (Revelation 5:9).

    He doesn't automatically assume the Mark of the Beast will be a microchip. The Greek word for "mark", or charagma, simply means a literal mark, scratch, or etching. Considering the level of destruction the Tribulation will bring such technology may no longer be available, even in developed nations.

    He understands completely that taking the Mark of the Beast will be a conscious decision made by the individual, a clear choice between God or Satan. You can't be tricked or brainwashed into receiving the Mark, nor can it be forcibly applied if you do not want it. It's a choice, plain and simple, with dire eternal consequences.

    He was rightly skeptical about the implementation of a cashless society when George brought it up. There's not a single verse in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, that implies there will be such a thing. All Revelation says is that there will be severe restrictions on buying or selling as M G correctly pointed out.

    Unfortunately, M G does miss the mark (no pun intended) when it comes to 666. Based on what I heard, it sounds like he, like too many prophecy gurus before him, tries to play the same old tired Jewish numerology game (Gematria) by adding the "numerical value" of the letters in the Antichrist's name.

    First off, nowhere in Revelation are we told to "add" anything. Nowhere are we told the letters in the Antichrist's name add up to 666. It's a silly guessing game.

    Second, in order to fully understand 666, one must first understand the true nature of the Antichrist which is revealed in Revelation 17 (verses 8-11). This is a critical detail that is overlooked by at least 99.99% of the prophecy establishment.

    Let's just say that this won't be the Antichrist's first appearance.

    That said, even though M G incorrectly linked 666 to Nero, he showed remarkable restraint in identifying the Roman emperor as the Antichrist, instead hypothesizing that he could in fact be a kind of forerunner to the real deal.

    Overall, he's got a decent grasp of Revelation and is certainly closer than most when it comes to End Times prophecy.
    Wherever you go, there you are

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Krepta3000 View Post
    No, I didn't. There is a huge difference between an INDIVIDUAL person, like me, deciding to accept something as a currency, and a Government Declaring that it is a currency, forcing everyone to use it.


    Good point, that's why you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. How much of your money is physical, hmm? Something like 80% of ALL of the world's currencies are currently electronic. You did know that, right?

    I don't need to know HIM to know that he is lying. Stop defending his BS.

    His opinion is wrong, I said it's wrong, I have every right to say it's wrong, WTF is wrong with you?
    Oh I'm just tossing my 2 cents into the discussion...oops I mean 2 feathers...er...I mean 2 sea shells...that is, I mean, 1 Holland Bulb...er, uh, I mean 2 wood sticks...2 glass beads?

    Can I trade you my peanut butter & jelly sandwich for your pudding cup? I know how much you like peanut butter and I like pudding cups.
    You see, even a sandwich and a pudding cup can be currency, when they are of some worth to someone

    Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

    FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

    Twitter Too

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    18,054
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectTommy View Post
    I work third shift and try to listen in-between all the running around I do. What little I heard I rather enjoyed.

    I found M G Michael to be pretty on-point in regards to the Book of Revelation, unlike most prophecy pundits.

    He seems to understand that the Book of Daniel plays a significant role in understanding Revelation. Rightfully so, since Daniel is basically the springboard of End Times prophecy and is the very book that Lord Jesus Himself unseals (Revelation 5:9).

    He doesn't automatically assume the Mark of the Beast will be a microchip. The Greek word for "mark", or charagma, simply means a literal mark, scratch, or etching. Considering the level of destruction the Tribulation will bring such technology may no longer be available, even in developed nations.

    He understands completely that taking the Mark of the Beast will be a conscious decision made by the individual, a clear choice between God or Satan. You can't be tricked or brainwashed into receiving the Mark, nor can it be forcibly applied if you do not want it. It's a choice, plain and simple, with dire eternal consequences.

    He was rightly skeptical about the implementation of a cashless society when George brought it up. There's not a single verse in the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, that implies there will be such a thing. All Revelation says is that there will be severe restrictions on buying or selling as M G correctly pointed out.

    Unfortunately, M G does miss the mark (no pun intended) when it comes to 666. Based on what I heard, it sounds like he, like too many prophecy gurus before him, tries to play the same old tired Jewish numerology game (Gematria) by adding the "numerical value" of the letters in the Antichrist's name.

    First off, nowhere in Revelation are we told to "add" anything. Nowhere are we told the letters in the Antichrist's name add up to 666. It's a silly guessing game.

    Second, in order to fully understand 666, one must first understand the true nature of the Antichrist which is revealed in Revelation 17 (verses 8-11). This is a critical detail that is overlooked by at least 99.99% of the prophecy establishment.

    Let's just say that this won't be the Antichrist's first appearance.

    That said, even though M G incorrectly linked 666 to Nero, he showed remarkable restraint in identifying the Roman emperor as the Antichrist, instead hypothesizing that he could in fact be a kind of forerunner to the real deal.

    Overall, he's got a decent grasp of Revelation and is certainly closer than most when it comes to End Times prophecy.
    Very good summary (I didn't listen, I lose patience with people who make up stuff and then claim it's in the Bible). But it sounds like MG did a pretty good job...except...you say he named Nero as the 666? Pffffftt
    And your research looks pretty good too
    I didn't think about the literal Translation of the Greek word for "Mark". It doesn't make much sense, then, to think that it might be a micro chip. A Tattoo perhaps? OMG I just remembered that someone...Google? Is offering a tattoo that can be scanned and the information about your Bank #, Credit Card # etc etc are all in this tattoo.

    Another good description about Antichrist is in 1 John, Chapter 2, Verse 18 also 2 Thessalonians, Chapter 2, Verses 3, 4 and 7

    Look at 2 John (there's only 1 Chapter) Verse 7.

    No I'm not gonna summarize those verses, because that makes me one of those people who says "This or that is in the Bible..." and this is too important...better for you or anyone to look it up.

    And it is true, the devil never "snatches" any one. We make our own choices. However, remember that the word "Satan" means "Lie or Liar" so he does try to trick us with his smooth talking ways. So, in a sense, one can be tricked or brainwashed into accepting "The Mark" via slick advertising, clever marketing, peer pressure, and so on.
    That is why the Bible is filled with advice about Wisdom, how to get wisdom, why we need wisdom.

    Oh dear, it looks like I'm falling into a bad habit of making assumptions about things, people, etc and because of that I'm missing out on things that are interesting and informative.

    Thanks!

    Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

    FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

    Twitter Too

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    Very good summary (I didn't listen, I lose patience with people who make up stuff and then claim it's in the Bible). But it sounds like MG did a pretty good job...except...you say he named Nero as the 666? Pffffftt
    I do recall that he said that Nero's name equaled 666 or something to that effect. Like I said, I listen when I can at work and during this portion I had to do a lot of running back and forth and only caught bits and pieces. Sundays are usually slow

    From what I remember, anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, M G said Nero's name equaled 666 but he didn't think Nero was the Antichrist, rather Nero was a kind of "forerunner" to the Antichrist. I can dig that, as there are forerunners to the real Antichrist throughout the Bible such as the Amalekite Haman and Antiochus Epiphanes, who set up the first Abomination of Desolation.

    Nonetheless, 666 has nothing to do with the numerical value of one's name.

    And your research looks pretty good too
    I didn't think about the literal Translation of the Greek word for "Mark". It doesn't make much sense, then, to think that it might be a micro chip. A Tattoo perhaps? OMG I just remembered that someone...Google? Is offering a tattoo that can be scanned and the information about your Bank #, Credit Card # etc etc are all in this tattoo.
    The Beast system actually sounds somewhat flexible as there are three different ways to qualify: have the Mark, have the Antichrist's name, and/or have his number [666] (Revelation 13:7).

    Obviously, it's not a totally uniform system. I can't rule out microchip technology, but overall it will largely depend on what kind of technology is able to be salvaged or implemented during the worldwide devastation of the Tribulation.

    Another good description about Antichrist is in 1 John, Chapter 2, Verse 18 also 2 Thessalonians, Chapter 2, Verses 3, 4 and 7

    Look at 2 John (there's only 1 Chapter) Verse 7.

    No I'm not gonna summarize those verses, because that makes me one of those people who says "This or that is in the Bible..." and this is too important...better for you or anyone to look it up.
    Yes, John lays it all out for us. He says there are many antichrists, or antichristoi polloi in Greek, denoting many individuals. Basically, anybody who denies that Jesus is the Christ is antichrist, little "a" (1 John 2:22; 2 John 1:7).

    He also mentions the spirit of antichrist which he says is alive and well in his time [1st century AD] (1 John 4:3). Honestly, it's been with us since the Garden of Eden.

    Of course, he also speaks of the Antichrist, ho antichristos, denoting a singular, specific individual. He is the physical manifestation of the antichrist spirit. There has been more than one manifestation of this specific Antichrist, capital "A", in the past under different names.

    This is the true meaning of "666", by the way.

    His third and final appearance marks the point where he will establish Satan's kingdom on earth during Tribulation.

    And it is true, the devil never "snatches" any one. We make our own choices. However, remember that the word "Satan" means "Lie or Liar" so he does try to trick us with his smooth talking ways. So, in a sense, one can be tricked or brainwashed into accepting "The Mark" via slick advertising, clever marketing, peer pressure, and so on.
    Satan only has a short time to rule. God's giving him 3 1/2 a years to lord over the earth. To this end, Satan resurrects both his bastard son Antichrist and the False Prophet.

    People are going to be forced into accepting the Mark and worship Satan and Antichrist under penalty of death (Revelation 13:15).

    There will certainly be a level of desperation, due to the Mad Max conditions of the world, that Satan will doubtlessly exploit. Not only will the False Prophet deceive millions with supernatural wonders (Revelation 13:13,14), he will also control the economy and forbid buying or selling for anyone who doesn't pledge allegiance to Antichrist (Revelation 13:16,17).

    Those who refuse the mark will, for the most part, be beheaded (Revelation 20:4). Those who somehow manage to escape will have a tough time surviving, since they won't be able to purchase food, drink, or any of life's necessities.

    Regardless of how deceived or desperate folks will be, anybody who willingly receives the Antichrist's mark will doom themselves for eternity (Revelation 14:9-11).

    It will indeed be an ugly situation. Thankfully, it only lasts for 3 1/2 years. If you ask me though, that's still 3 1/2 years too long.
    Wherever you go, there you are

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    lOl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •