Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My semi load of Kentucky pigs were time travelers too! Evansville, IN

Exclamation

Long before I told this publicly of my too quick of a trip through Evansville, IN on US Hwy 41 N, the Dixie Bee Line. My long time and now late friend R. Gary Patterson had read it in e-mail. Years later I told it to Ian Punnett and Gary on Ian's Premier of Coast to Coast Live on Saturday nights.

In response to "this time trip/slip" Gary wrote me, "Just like Robert Plant you were a traveler of both time and space." Not another living soul interested in the paranormal could have sent me a better response.

Rest In Peace R. Gary Patterson and let's let this thread and his comment drift on into time.

MK II
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

When I was a kid I one night discovered that I could press lightly on my eyeballs with my eyes closed and induce highly patterned 'stars'. They were shaped like tire treads and moved like them too. The background changed colors also. It was really fascinating. (And no, I had not been exposed to anything hallucinogenic). Anyhow, after only a few minutes of this I opened my eyes. It was morning. Several hours had passed, but for me, only a few minutes.

When we find ourselves exposed to repetitious scenarios, we can lose all perception of time and enter a semi-conscious trance like state. I suspect this is what happened when you were on the road. The song had in reality ended and was played again later. Your mind blocked out the monotonous period inbetween in such a way that the two iterations of the song were merged.

Lightbulb

You wrote: When we find ourselves exposed to repetitious scenarios, we can lose all perception of time and enter a semi-conscious trance like state. I suspect this is what happened when you were on the road. The song had in reality ended and was played again later. Your mind blocked out the monotonous period in between in such a way that the two iterations of the song were merged.

Welcome Chameleon to IW,

Well first of all thanks for splitting the ice and choosing my experience to comment on still a "first" for me. Whatever happened that night the song ended just as it should but the time factor that I chose to share live on air with Ian and Gary was just plain weird! Believe me driving any large rig safely was not monotonous back then and now. You have to stay focused on the dangerous game of "getting there" A-OK among fellow drivers of the wheel.

Thank you for giving this true account your good opinion on my trucking trip through Evansville on US Highway 41 to Faces "Stay With Me" that just was played one time on WJPS 1330 AM that long ago night. Because I surely would have wrecked my load if I was in a semi -conscious trance like state!

MK II
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information