Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My semi load of Kentucky pigs were time travelers too! Evansville, IN

Thumbs up My semi load of Kentucky pigs were time travelers too! Evansville, IN

This true story was not posted, when I was last active in 2007, under Time Travel.

This quick trip has been been unexplainable to me for 41 years. Was it time travel? A gain in time? This wouldn't happen again to me in a million years!

In 1975 The Faces' "Stay With Me" iconic rock and roll song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. My truck's radio was tuned to WJPS 1330 AM "The River City Rocker". Back then I did not have an FM side to my factory installed radio.

There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. Each traffic light's "green light" for go went perfect with Rod Stewart's lyrics," Stay with me, stay with me, for tonight your gonna stay with me." I didn't speed with my tractor/trailer's full load of Western Kentucky farmer's hogs. Some cars sat over the magnetic stop light tripper north of the city and I STILL made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty seven seconds. I never saw a yellow caution light and the waiting cars mentioned should have tripped the signal light!

Rod's song ended with the drum beat finish at light # 12. In the 45 and 50 mph speed zones I needed to be going way over 90 - 100 + mph for this to happen!! I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts were, "Now just how cool was that!"

This took years to set in about what may have happened. My wife and I started the song in the same spot 10 years ago. It ended before we got half way through the city. With light traffic it took us 9 minutes. I've never heard a longer version of "Stay With Me".

Neither had rock n roll mysteries author R. Gary Patterson on "Coast to Coast Live" radio as a guest of Ian Punnett 27/1/06. During my chat I paused to ask Gary this queston: "Gary, have you ever heard of a longer version?" Gary quickly replied, "No! Not me!"

I have that call on tape that I made to C2CL from Paducah, Kentucky. That was my very real and weird road trip on US Highway 41. It's a famous highway highlighted everyday on Classic Rock radio stations by The Allman Brothers Band.

I still hear this song a few times a month. So here is your chance to ride along with the music and think about you driving my semi rig pulling our huge possum belly trailer load of Union County Kentucky farmer's (180) pigs way back in 1975! Pop in your CD or cassette tape of The Faces greatest hits and travel back in time driving that same distance, the same speeds, in that exact time! LOL = Lots of Luck!

This song is not linked today- "Stay With Me" - The Faces & Rod Stewart - I'm too new of a member to be able to post links. So wait for it! I'll be back!

MK2 in Indiana

Please post a note if you heard me tell this true story to Ian and Gary in 2006!

My UK friends told me this was a "Time Slip". So whatever happened to my livestock rig that long ago night was a major memory to me!

Thumbs up

I'm back!

Just don't tell anyone you tried to recreate my drive to the same iconic rock song, in the same distance, in the exact same time. You cannot do it!

"Stay With Me" - The Faces

If you do attempt the same drive while listening to this song. Do choose a rural road or little traveled stretch of highway where your slower speeds won't impede other travelers. Or if you do want to try this today please refer back to the intro above here. You may as well stay home to watch the Super Bowl!

The fact that no one has written anything so far is what I'm very accustomed too viewing.

MK 2

An alike "Last edited by:" line below has never existed at Mark Elvidge's Mysterial in the UK. One can edit with no notation of doing so, 24-7-365!
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II; 02-07-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

It's been some years since I repeated my time line vs mph vs distance check. Last night the new Freightliner loory had a nice digital screen showing lots of miles on the trip odometer.

I had my CD ready to play The Faces iconic rock song in my topic. I cleared the odometer and let "Stay With Me" start. Due to the Tyota plants release of some good drivers and some very bad drivers , that's life eh?, I kept my loory @ 50 miles per hour northbound not wanting to impede them headed toward their homes.

Right at 4.1 miles the drum beat finish sounded off.

Noted long ago here my miles driven with my long ago "scraped" out loory and it's long ago "scraped" out 40' possum bellied tandem wheeled trailer (3 decks in the middle) was 7.1! I got a quick chill again doing that

As a reminder that our big Fruehauf "bull wagon" was scraped and melted down in a metals recycling yard unknown to me. Does an occasional beer or energy drinks contained in aluminum cans you buy taste like something from "down" on the farm?

MK2
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

Strange, fascinating...thanks for sharing!
    Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

Delphine is offline Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    S.W. Mississippi, with part of my heart left in New Orleans
    Makes ya think.

Well, knowledge is a fine thing, and
    mother Eve thought so, but she smarted so
    severely for hers, that most of
    her daughters have been afraid of it since.
    Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    Strange, fascinating...thanks for sharing!
    Mary and Baby
    Hello maryals way up in Anchorage, Alaska! Thanks so much and I like sharing it with alike minded paranormal fans who have just as hard of a time understanding this traveling a bit too quick trip as I still have a hard time comprehending it!

MK2

The view count is checked by me every day maryals and I appreciate every tick up of the numbers..........keep on truck'in!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphine View Post
    Makes ya think.
    Good afternoon to Delphine down in Southwest Mississippi! Yes it does and after all those years my thinking brain has reserved a spot waiting to send cold chills down my spine when I hear the UK's Faces sing and play loudly "Stay With Me" on the radio!

Best wishes to both you and maryals all days. My e-mail of action here was something rare for me coming from both of you dedicated members; replies! Many

Would you believe it? I just played that iconic rock song again! Last week Queen Elizabeth knighted Rod Stewart. So now I'm here celebrating his life's achievements as one of his millions of fans that must now write his name Sir Rod Stewart!

And I still celebrate, daily and nightly, my trip that was waaay too quick packing 180 Kentucky hogs northbound through Evansville, Indiana!

If you've ever hoped to chat with a time traveler who went forward in time, I'm the guy!

M_KDesertTruck2.jpg

I remember creating this a long time ago, I think I shared it with you, many moons ago?

Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

Thumbs up

OMGosh! I DO REMEMBER your semi truck art work now and was it at The Kingdom of Nye? Thanks for the trip back in time maryals!

I don't think there's not a wide awake hour of my day or night that I miss thinking of my strange trip hauling hogs through Evansville, Indiana to EMGE Meat Packing Company. HQ'd for just over one hundred years in Fort Branch and Anderson, Indiana!

That trip's tossed about inside my head just like a few other weird truckin' experiences!

R.I.P. EMGE!

MK II

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Malaria_Kidd II View Post
    OMGosh! I DO REMEMBER your semi truck art work now and was it at The Kingdom of Nye? Thanks for the trip back in time maryals!

I don't think there's not a wide awake hour of my day or night that I miss thinking of my strange trip hauling hogs through Evansville, Indiana to EMGE Meat Packing Company. HQ'd for just over one hundred years in Fort Branch and Anderson, Indiana!

That trip's tossed about inside my head just like a few other weird truckin' experiences!

R.I.P. EMGE!

MK II

Where oh where is maryals? I hope your loggin' troubles end soon so you can find the IW forum again.

I got this e-mail today from an automatic IW bot or maybe it was from an administrative member at IW!

Hello Malaria_Kidd II,

We at Imaginative Worlds: Paranormal, Metaphysical, Conspiracy Theory Forum - Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert, C2CAM, Other Related Media Discussion/Live Chat - Discussion & Information Portal would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

"Thank you for that! Cody from Indiana" - A.I. Robot from England

That's the same ending line spoken by Mark Elvidge's A.I. Robot from Mysterial (that's the UK mysteries web site that allows editing with no notation at the bottom of your entries year round!) America's NOAA Weather Radio is using his choice of a robotic voice and it's name is Paul! LOL Let me know if you hear him on your weather radio. Naturally I like him better than the old stand-by voices heard for years saying, "In flooded conditions remember to turn around, don't drown!"

The homing instinct causes humans to brave rushing waters over roads. Air bags are required in all new vehicles and I doubt mandating auto makers to provide life jackets, built into seat backs, are on the US governments demands list!

https://soundcloud.com/user-14102244...-carolina-1989

Me writing to maryals and posting my IW birthday greeting e-mail proves I'm still kickin'. So everyone who's a registered member can prove to me by posting where I've been since my return, that they're still kickin'! or choose this smilie when your view will up the count even more!

MK II

Exclamation

Please look in here from time to time. Our sons mastery of the Net and the devices to interact within it will have my time travel chat with Ian and Gary Patterson coming in here soon. That's also on my old Coast cassette tape right before this 2001 call to Ian hosting Sunday nights that takes you off topic for just 6 minutes.

Now go to Coast to Coast AM for my call into Ian Punnett on November 26-27, 2001.

I had a few lines I was not happy with. Early on when I noted Bobby's sidewalk message in white chalk I made it sound like the day's date was in white chalk too like this, "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR December 7, 1939". The boy's prank as "graffiti" first seen on the exact day and month to the actual attack's date two years prior was not included with his legendary cryptic message.

https://soundcloud.com/user-14102244...ett-11-27-2001

LOL So shut up, sit down, hold on and stand-by for one more Sound Cloud piece under Storytelling!

MK II
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II; 08-29-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Thumbs up

Please look in here from time to time. Our sons mastery of the Net and the devices to interact within it will have my time travel chat with Ian and Gary Patterson coming in here soon.

I can only guess you are looking now.

Coast to Coast Live's premier show hosted by Ian Punnett

Hosting The Fox Mulder of Rock and Roll R. Gary Patterson

https://soundcloud.com/user-14102244...son-01-27-2006

There you have my time slip that is as true as I could tell it to Ian and Gary. Years later my livestock rig's too quick of a passage of time and space was instantly in my thoughts! Right after I backed into a semi rig parked behind me along North Carolina's Interstate 40's Fern Creek Rest Area eastbound inside the spooky Pigeon River Gorge!

For that road trip mystery here's Page 1 under 'Guardian Angels' and stop where you see the animated Pink Floyd prism and rainbow colors. This Guardian Angel thread was started by Dera.

http://imaginativeworlds.com/forum/s...uardian-Angels

MK II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information