Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind us of the attacks on 9/11/01

Question Songs that remind us of the attacks on 9/11/01

The chilling songs do exist. A few active and dedicated members here, that know me, are aware that this is a strange not so newsy fact.

In 2004 I started a thread at Daily Snopes operated by the Mickelsons. You know it as the on line home for urban legends. I thought this chilling compilation would qualify as an urban legend. The Daily Snopes' qualifier says some are true, some are false and some are undetermined either way.

I titled it "America's first song of inspiration after 9/11"

When the posts went past 30 it morphed off topic into songs that reminded the members of 9/11/01.

Here is the archived snopes link and my handle was Coal Glow Kidd, Evansville, IN. I have the song described in my first snopes post. The Fox Mulder of rock and roll mysteries R. Gary Patterson had never heard about it until I relayed the news to him. The people who put this together picked Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" as their compilation's background music.

Grr! This old link is acting up again. It's not starting at post #1! It begins about the spot where members bring in their ideas of songs that connected with them on that day we'll never forget! I will see what I can do to get post #1 back on line even if I have to post it in here.

Put on your thinking cap now! Being brief it starts out with a preacher's fiery sermon, a U.S. Marine recites "This is My Rifle" and it closes with George C. Scott as General George Patton speaking his lines on stage to inspire his troops in the movie "Patton". The whole song was a chiller unlike so many songs that came after it.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/u...5;t=001080;p=0

Question # 1 Do you remember hearing America's first song to inspire us after the dastardly, cowardly, suicidal attacks in New York City, Washington D.C. and the failed attack shut down by the heroes of United Flight 93 over Shankville, Pennsylvania.

Question # 2 Are you aware of any music that sadly fits 9/11? Please list the songs you've thought about that seem to sync up to that terrible day. Please embed them and tell us the parallels that stood out to you.

On You Tube hundreds of songs have been chosen as tributes to the World Trade Center's senseless tragedy. The views are in the multi millions now!

I was so surprised that no snopes members could say they heard what I heard in early October of 2001!

MK2
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II; 04-02-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

In time I hope an active member can show me how to edit my posts. As it says here I still can edit after several hours have gone by. I'm here to correct Shankville into the correct spelling of Shanksville, Pennsylvania. So let it stand corrected outside the original post........

Just after this weekend is over there is no editing possible.................Well it says it's possible anyway for what it's worth!

Posting Permissions
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

Would you believe I've been able to edit my posts right after I've made them? It's been as simple as clicking "Edit Post". In fact, I just edited to add that last bit

I dunno what the time limit for editing is exactly but I'd say the sooner done the better

There was a song by, Charlie Daniels? Or was it Hank Williams Jr? No, I think it was Charlie Daniels...the Chorus had lyrics about everyone getting together...The Hippie and the..? Something about we all might fight amongst ourselves but Outsiders better not mess with us?

Oh well...I'll scour YouTube and see what I can find

Mary and Baby
    Better to have beans and bacon in Peace than cakes and ale in Fear ~ Aesop
    "When they tell you not to panic, that's when you run!"

FaceBook Mary Loedding Sells

Twitter Too

Well, that was easy to find!

https://youtu.be/Hm4_rXQAyLM?t=1s

Mary and Baby

OK how do I post the link so the Video comes up right here?

Twitter Too

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Powerfun View Post
    Would you believe I've been able to edit my posts right after I've made them? It's been as simple as clicking "Edit Post". In fact, I just edited to add that last bit

I dunno what the time limit for editing is exactly but I'd say the sooner done the better
    Right oh Doc, but the time limit is expected under Edit Post. The sooner the better no doubt means I should watch out for my spelling errors and I wished I'd spelled Shanksville right the first time.

Thanks for posting Doc and now I will help out maryals with a video. A year from now it will still read that I can "Edit" when it's really SNAFU.

MK2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    Well, that was easy to find!

https://youtu.be/Hm4_rXQAyLM?t=1s

Mary and Baby

OK how do I post the link so the Video comes up right here?
    I had luck maryals! So on left side after the first / then block in [ yt ] then include all letters and numbers inside the equals = do exclude the = then finish the right end with [ /yt ] LOL! Edited minutes later! A huge white block appeared to the top right! LOL! So close in these things [ ] I spaced them away from the / and yt to hopefully make it readable!

Now I will listen to the Charlie Daniels Band. I talked to their big tour bus driver once in Southern Indiana and I've talked to either a band member or the bus driver for Foreigner all while truckin' livestock along Interstate 64. Of course I really bragged on their music that will last through the ages.

To find songs that sadly commemorate 9/11/01 we all can to go to You Tube. But this thread is for the imaginative world's passengers on their free ride* through time and space who post songs of the spooky kind. The prophetic kind!

This should get very interesting!

MK2

*Alice Cooper talking on Nights With Alice Cooper over three years ago said the Earth spins at 1,400 mph. I always heard it was 1,500 mph! He also noted in closing our sun/star's solar system inside the Milky Way Universe surfs outer space @ 67,000 mph!

Before that time I'd never heard one teacher in high school or college say the last sentence! Wow! We're all speeders! LOL

So sit down! Shut up and hang on!

In the UK: Mysterial's Mark Elvidge as it's owner and administrator never had the Last edited by: line........ Edits are allowed year around!
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II; 04-10-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Moving right along on Memorial Day's weekend.........

Hello again to Dr. Powerfun and Maryals,

I cannot access my first post for some weird reason. Well after my OP requesting to know how many snopes members had heard radio stations play America's first song to inspire us. I finally posted the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" from their "The Wall" album from 1979.

Here it is......

posted 23 May, 2005 05:43 AM Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

My apology for not doing as promised. I should have bumped this thread to page one long ago. I always knew the lyrics were never included. Here they are with inserts of a mention of what the inspiration included. Also another chance for a snopes member to add,........"I heard this compilation a long time ago." No one has so far and vagueness is part of the qualifications of urban legend status.

Was it true or was it not true?

A US fire & brimstone preacher speaks a rousing sermon here"

You better run like hell
    You better make your face up in
    Your favourite disguise
    With your button down lips and your
    Roller blind eyes
    With your empty smile
    And your hungry heart
    Feel the bile rising from your guilty past
    With your nerves in tatters
    When the cockleshell shatters
    And the hammers batter
    Down the door
    You better run like hell

A US Marine says the poem "This is my rifle"

And finally George C. Scott's lines from "Patton" are said in front of 'Old Glory'

You better run all day
    And run all night
    And keep your dirty feelings
    Deep inside
    And if you take your girlfriend
    Out tonight,
    You better park the car
    Well out of sight
    Cos if they catch you in the back seat
    Trying to pick her locks
    They're gonna send you back to mother
    In a cardboard box
    You better run

CGK [Smile]

--------------------
    So if you're tired of the same old story,....Oh, turn some pages. REO Speedwagon from Champaign,Urbana, Illinois.
    Posts: 73 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

What do you think about this idea Dr. Powerfun or Maryals? Before posting "it" should I send "the whole nine yards" to one IW Moderator what you've read elsewhere on the Net? I think that would be best, eh?

MK2
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II; 05-29-2016 at 06:27 AM.

Hi Kid...sorry I've been away...been gardening and stuff. So, will there be a new song to sing if (when) a False Flag stops elections this November?

Mary and Baby

Twitter Too

Quote Originally Posted by maryals View Post
    Hi Kid...sorry I've been away...been gardening and stuff. So, will there be a new song to sing if (when) a False Flag stops elections this November?

Mary and Baby
    There could be one if the musicians think we need to be inspired. But you could be spot on with your last sentence. Can this campaign get any stranger? Turn on Fox News or CNN and the first two names we hear can be predicted so easily. Enough already!

Now it's back on topic and maybe you can help maryals. I've tried contacting the Moderators with no luck. Viewing their date of last activity I'm hoping they're still available.

What do you or Dr. Powerfun know about getting permission to post dicey stuff that could easily be related to 9/11. I could just plop it in here and let them decide when they arrive at a later day.

MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Malaria_Kidd II View Post
    There could be one if the musicians think we need to be inspired. But you could be spot on with your last sentence. Can this campaign get any stranger? Turn on Fox News or CNN and the first two names we hear can be predicted so easily. Enough already!

Now it's back on topic and maybe you can help maryals. I've tried contacting the Moderators with no luck. Viewing their date of last activity I'm hoping they're still available.

What do you or Dr. Powerfun know about getting permission to post dicey stuff that could easily be related to 9/11. I could just plop it in here and let them decide when they arrive at a later day.

MK2
    Hi Kidd I don't know what's going on. Let's discuss this in a PM or one of the Members Only Threads...maybe in Lonesome Lenny's Lounge

As for Permission to post something....well...we all know the Basic Rules....no foul language, no Personal Attacks against Fellow Members and I think that should include no Personal Attacks against Past Members.
    No Partisan Politics. In other words we can discuss the Process, even discuss the Candidates (I think) their Good Points and Bad Points without actually endorsing any one or the other.

Let me go buy you a drink

Mary and Baby

Twitter Too

Hey MK2, much as maryals says aside lambasting anyone here past or present, or spewing obscenities or way-out-there partisan positions at this point I'd say IW has nothing to lose and everything to gain by allowing pretty much anything goes

Anything and everything you got to post I'd say go for it. Moderators being MIA, It's easier to say you're sorry ex post facto than to ask for permission
    Last edited by Dr Powerfun; 06-09-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Hello Doc,

10-4 roger on that vote of confidence. If I've shot myself in the foot that can be determined at a later date.

I know the suspense here has all our visitors on pins and needles waiting to see what transpires. I do hope they are not disappointed so stand-by Doctor Powerfun and maryals, I'll be back just after Midnight CST! MK 2 Cody

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information