Thread: Pro-'Rasslin Holiday Flashback: WWF Celebrates Mother's Day!

Pro-'Rasslin Holiday Flashback: WWF Celebrates Mother's Day!

On Mother's Day Weekend 1985, the first pro wrestling show on network television in 30 years made its debut on NBC in the time slot normally reserved for Saturday Night Live. Taped a day earlier at the Uniondale, New York Nassau Coliseum, WWF's Saturday Night's Main Event (announced by Vince McMahon & Jesse Ventura) featured the following matches:

- The U.S. Express (Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo) & Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat (with Captain Lou Albano) defeated The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff & George "The Animal" Steele (with Classy Freddie Blassie) when Windham pinned Steele. After the match, Sheik and Volkoff turned on "The Animal", leading to a face turn for Steele.

- WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan (with Mr. T) defeated "Ace" Cowboy Bob Orton via DQ when Roddy Piper interfered.

- WWF Women's Champion Wendi Richter defeated The Fabulous Moolah with a small package.

- Junkyard Dog (accompanied to the ring by his mother) defeated jobber to the stars, 'Duke of Dorchester' Pete Doherty with a powerslam.

Also on the show:

- "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff in a Piper's Pit segment where "The Rowdy One" beraded him for their loss to Hogan & Mr. T at Wrestlemania I on March 31st, leading to Piper and Orton beating down Orndorff and Mr. T making the save.

- In one of her last WWF appearances Cyndi Lauper hosted a Mother's Day Party.

What's the point of this post?

First off it's a brazen rip off from my thread here:
    http://imaginativeworlds.com/forum/s...s-Mother-s-Day!

Secondly, I'd like to know what in blazes it has to do with IW's 10th anniversary?

I suppose it's better than spam. But not by much.

Thread Information