Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Higher Self - EGO vs Higher Guidance - Language of Intuition

The Higher Self - EGO vs Higher Guidance - Language of Intuition

Food for thought for those seeking a higher self or awareness.

Perhaps some ideas for increasing inner peace within and without the quest for spiritual development.......

----------------------------

Ego vs Higher Guidance

The more aware we become, the more intuition develops for us. The more we can access our intuition, the faster we grow and change. The key is to understand the language of intuition. How can you tell if the 'inner voice' is Spirit's, other beings, other people's projections or your own judgmental thoughts? The tips below will help you discriminate and discern the TRUTH.

Read the list over often and get a strong sense of how to discern higher guidance. Expand your inventory of how you sense the higher or lower information that comes into your physical and non-physical senses.
    • Lower Levels of Information ----------------- Higher Levels of Intuition
    • (Ego)-------------------------------------------------- (Higher Self)
    • demand obedience or surrender - suggest, advise, you make your own decisions
    • conflict with one's personal ethics ------- no conflict with personal ethics
    • create fear, negativity --------------- create love, inspiration,empowerment
    • are generalities, long winded ----- are relevant, short, intelligent, unique
    • are conditional ------------------- are unconditional, appropriate, natural
    • appeal to curiosity, ego ----------------- appeal to goodwill, beauty, unity
    • from confusing, competing voices ---------- from still, single knowing voice
    • affirm ultimate authority for itself ----- counsel surrender to higher power
    • require no personal effort --------------------------- need personal effort
    • guidance from subconscious -------------------------- guidance from the Soul
    • emotional desires, glamour ----------------------- higher spiritual guidance
    • benefit the receiver ------------------------- benefit the good of the whole
    • fixed interpretations ------------------------ many levels of interpretation
    • create dependencies --------------------------------- create interdependence
    • promote separation ----------------------- reflect oneness, wholeness, unity
    • are self conscious ------------------------------------- are other conscious
    • affirm mediocrity ------------------------------ promote making a difference
    • reflect a part of the whole ------------------------------ reflect the whole
    • are emotional, mental ---------------------------------------- are intuitive
    • focus on things -------------------------------- focus on essence and values
    • result in loss of self ---------------------------- result in self discovery
    • focus on desires, wants -------------------------------- focus on soul needs
    • address individual --------------------------------------- address community
    • deal with form ----------------------------------- deal with symbols, truths
    • concerned with self will ------------------------------- reflect divine will
    • create/become victims -------------------------------------- require/acknowledge accountability
    • are sporadic ----------------------------------------------- are disciplined
    • create stress ----------------------------------------- create peace of mind
    • are personal ------------------------------------------------ are impersonal
    • are restrictive ---------------------------------------------- are expansive
    • are particular ----------------------------------------------- are universal
    • are controlling ----------------------------------------------- are allowing
    • focus on self -------------------------------------- focus on others or Soul
    • focus on destination -------------------------------------- focus on process
    • are exclusive ------------------------------------------------ are inclusive
    • are judging -------------------------------------------------- are accepting
    • are scattered -------------------------------------------------- are focused
    • are limited -------------------------------------------------- are unlimited
    • focus on material --------------------------------------- focus on spiritual
    • are reactive ------------------------------------------------- are proactive
    • are concrete -------------------------------------------------- are abstract
    • focus on past, future ----------------------------------------- focus on NOW
    • deal with personality ----------------------------------------- concern SOUL
    • produce inertia -------------------------------------------- generate growth
    • stuff in ---------------------------------------------------------- draw out
    • focus on quantity ----------------------------------------- focus on quality
    • are selfish ------------------------------------------------- are altruistic
    • are superficial --------------------------------------------------- are deep
    • create resistance ---------------------------------------------- create flow
    • focus on lack ------------------------------------------- focus on abundance
    • are static ----------------------------------------------------- are dynamic
    • focus on ME ---------------------------------------------- focus on humanity
    • create illusion ----------------------------------------------- reveal truth
    • focus on work --------------------------------------------- focus on service
    • focus on mine ---------------------------------------------- focus on Spirit
    • use force -------------------------------------------------------- use power
    • focus on effect --------------------------------------------- focus on cause
    • take ----------------------------------------------------------- give
    • produce fear ----------------------------------------------- experience love
    • emphasize doing -------------------------------------------- emphasize being

...Author Unknown

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

fixed interpretations ------------------------ many levels of interpretation
    use force -------------------------------------------------------- use power
    These two points are key, and are areas where confusion can take hold.

Guess the gravity and import of any of these may be dependent among one's current frame of mind and life situation.

I would say that any individual point likely can have no more import than another in the holisitic.

How bout
    ...are superficial....................................... ...are deep
    ...focus on ME...........................................focus on humanity

CB
    From here to Eternity

I have just signed up for a 3 day seminar on this topic.

Although I have pondered, read, meditated on this, I find a need to ground once again and get in touch with "that Higher Self", that part of the collective that often is lost in fragmentation.

I'd like to hear more about what others have to say about this concept or their experience in connecting to one's "Higher Self" or whatever term is applicable from your frame of reference.

Here's an abbreviated description of the seminar I will be attending:

Your higher self knows your past, present and probable future from an expanded perspective. Use deep relaxation techniques to enhance your psychic sensitivity, improve dream recall & interpretation, eliminate restrictions, understand past life connections, connect with the Akashic records & discover life purpose.
    Here is the person who will be leading these workshops and what he has to say.

Have any of you explored this in any other venue than alone?

There are times when I feel I am very connected to that more ubiquitous part of me and the whole, without ego and place yet within context of sorts.

It manifests for me, for lack of a better way of describing it, as energy or insight the beams out of my cranium out of my eye sockets...flowing both ways, , where I have no ego, yet total insight....somewhat attached yet very detached.....yet I can't always connect to it at will nor ....among much more.

I would like to hear what you think about this topic and your experiences with it.

I'd like to take this seminar with my own questions as well take yours with me so we can all learn and grow....then again this could all be bogus...guess we'll see

Let me know where you are all at with this..or what you think about this topic.

Just doing some reading before my first class this Sunday, so I thought I'd share:

Ten Steps To Contacting Your Higher Self
    by Asoka Selvarajah, Ph.D.

A concise starting point for people who hear about the Higher Self but have little conception of how to make that essential element of themselves
    play a bigger part in their lives.
    Each of us is connected with the Divine. The Higher Self within us far transcends the understanding of our conscious minds. This is the power that all the great geniuses and teachers of history have accessed. It is also the place of magic and miracle in our lives. Here are the steps to contact it:

1. BELIEF AND EXPECTATION

The first step is to believe that you have a Higher Self to establish communication with! Then expect every day that this communication will improve as you focus diligently on inner growth. Without these two essential pre-requisites, it is hard to achieve anything at all in life, even on the physical level. For inner growth, these two qualities are essential. So set a goal to achieve contact with the Higher Self, review that goal daily, and maintain your purpose with determination until success is yours.

2. TRANSFORM YOUR WORLD VIEW

We are brought up with a primarily materialistic world view that neglects the role of Spirit. To establish close contact with spiritual realms, we need to have our entire being -- conscious and subconscious - congruent with our goal. In any major activity/goal, you have to establish the rules of the game and the way it is played. Contacting your Higher Self is the same. Therefore, seek out writings and teachers that expand your understanding of the universe as fundamentally being a realm of Consciousness and Mind.

3. SOLITUDE

Make regular time for yourself where you can be totally alone. A quiet place is preferable. Just sit quietly with no expectations. Do nothing. This may feel very uncomfortable and strange in the beginning. Persist. You give time and space for the inner voice to make itself heard. It will do so either during that quiet time, or else during the events of the day. A synchronistic event will occur; someone will tell you exactly what you need to hear; you will get a sudden flash of insight. All the great geniuses of history have found times of regular solitude and silence for themselves. You should too.

4. MEDITATION

In meditation, you work to discipline your mind and silence the internal chatter that constantly fills it. You create a pure vessel for the Higher Self to fill. Following your breath is an excellent meditation discipline, as is concentrating upon a candle flame. Or visualize a golden ball of light in your Solar Plexus that fills your whole body with energy and healing. There are many practices that you can study and use.

5. JOURNAL

Record your feelings, emotions, dreams and insights every day in a journal. This will help you to come into closer contact with your inner intuitive depths. You can ask the Higher Self questions here, and then later on record whatever insights/answers you receive. If you do this regularly with belief and expectation, you will receive the answers you need.

6. INNER DIALOGUE

Conduct a regular inner dialogue with your Higher Self. For the next 40 days, decide to keep in contact throughout the day. Say to your Higher Self, "I know you are there and I want to get to know you and pay attention to you. Please begin to speak to me and guide my life" Don't worry if this dialogue is entirely one-way to begin with. Remember that you have been out of touch for decades. It takes a while to clear the cobwebs! Persist with this inner dialogue as if talking to a friend - chatting, asking questions, sharing your hopes - and begin to listen for answers. They will come.

7. LIFE LESSONS

Look upon life as a Mystery School. Believe that the whole of your life -- events, situations and people -- has been structured precisely in order to teach you exactly what you need to know right now. Approach life as if the whole of creation is conspiring to do you good! Whenever something happens in your life, for good or ill, ask yourself what the lesson is for you. Even unpleasant people/situations have been deliberately placed there as a challenge to help you grow. As you begin to view life as a drama in which you are play the starring role, the role of the Higher Self will become increasingly evident in your life. Record your findings in your journal.

8. DREAMS

Expect your Higher Self to speak to you in dreams. Before going to sleep, do some stretching and bending to relax your body completely. Ask your Higher Self a question and expect an answer. When you wake up, recall whatever you can of your dream and write it down in your journal. If you are not used to remembering dreams, this will take time and persistence. However, with patience, you will begin to recall your dreams and receive answers from your Higher Self.

9. MINDFULNESS

Focus upon living more and more in the present, on the now. When you are eating, be aware that you are eating. When you walk, know that you are walking. The only real moment is now - the past is gone forever and the future has yet to be. Therefore, work to clear your mind of concerns, illusions and extrapolations. Clear the mental clutter from the mind and create space for the Higher Self to fill.

10. PATIENCE!

Remember, you may have spent your entire life out of touch with Source. Therefore, it takes time to learn how to re-establish contact. Anything worth doing takes time and practice. Be vigilant and practise these steps every day and you will receive the answers you need. Remember: The Higher Self wants to be in contact. In fact, to even speak of it as someone apart from you is contradictory. The Higher Self is you! The real you. So get in touch with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    6. INNER DIALOGUE

Conduct a regular inner dialogue with your Higher Self. For the next 40 days, decide to keep in contact throughout the day. Say to your Higher Self, "I know you are there and I want to get to know you and pay attention to you. Please begin to speak to me and guide my life" Don't worry if this dialogue is entirely one-way to begin with. Remember that you have been out of touch for decades. It takes a while to clear the cobwebs! Persist with this inner dialogue as if talking to a friend - chatting, asking questions, sharing your hopes - and begin to listen for answers. They will come.
    Oh really now, this claim is just too much. ROFL. I don't suppose there is an audio/video recording to prove this one and other independent witnesses that were around to hear someone's higher self talking to them out of thin air, is there? This sounds like a scam. Is this class something you had to pay for? Can you get your money back? Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinorumus View Post
    Oh really now, this claim is just too much. ROFL. I don't suppose there is an audio/video recording to prove this one and other independent witnesses that were around to hear someone's higher self talking to them out of thin air, is there? This sounds like a scam. Is this class something you had to pay for? Can you get your money back? Report them to the Better Business Bureau.
    Well Div, when you can share with us the audio or videos of how you get your premonitions of what is in store for this world, then maybe I'll share my tapes of my conversations with my "Higher Self", should I ever get those

If you read it again.....it says "inner dialogue".

BTW this is not from the seminar I will be attending...just something I found on the net.

So tell us now....what do you believe in? What's is consciousness, the spirit the soul?...... or do you have other thoughts? What about Karma, the purpose of life or no purpose?.....past lives, reincarnation etc. Don't forget to include the "proof"

Well Div, when you can share with us the audio or videos of how you get your premonitions of what is in store for this world, then maybe I'll share my tapes of my conversations with my "Higher Self", should I ever get those
    I was 8 then, a little to late to retro-try that, but I sure wish I could, it would answer something that has been bugging me for so many years.

If you read it again.....it says "inner dialogue".
    Ah heck, that's just you thinking that to yourself. Come on now people, ha, let's separate fact from fiction and delusion. Aside from during sleeping dreams, if I started hearing voices, either in my head or out of thin air, that wasn't just me just imagining that, I'd have to have myself committed for psychiatric evaluation and observation. Seriously, hearing voices in ones head is a sign of something wrong, or a hallucination. Those two meth addicts I got help for a few years ago were like that, claiming they were hearing demon voices in their head and coming from the walls. One of them even tore the sheetrock from a wall in their home trying to find the demon. It got pretty bad.

So tell us now....what do you believe in? What's is consciousness, the spirit the soul?...... or do you have other thoughts? What about Karma, the purpose of life or no purpose?.....past lives, reincarnation etc.
    A lot of questions and too little time to answer them right now (would take a couple hours to begin to answer all those).

But here's the thing though: Occam's razor! I.E. if you start hearing voices in your head, that's just you imagining that.

Now, I do believe there is a higher self, but in the same sense that there is a higher you in all DREAMS ~ but it's still actually you all rolled into one. If you hear voices in your head, that's just you thinking that up ~ it's not really coming from a separate you that you need to start a dialog with and actually talk to. All your thoughts originate from the same source, thus you don't need to talk to yourself and then wait around for some inner talking self to answer. Just query your own mind for your own thoughts ~ it ain't no trick.

Really people, if you start hearing voices in your head, get help, it could mean a serious illness.

Now, I do believe there is a higher self, but in the same sense that there is a higher you in all DREAMS ~ but it's still actually you all rolled into one.
    That's exactly the point or concept my friend....and not just in dreams....that's just one potential vehicle....or spin of a broader reality

I think we actually agree

Remember Wikipedia reference-linkPersonification is a third dimensional literal tool to attempt to illustrate concept or "abstract idea" !

Food for thought for those seeking a higher self or awareness.

Perhaps some ideas for increasing inner peace within and without the quest for spiritual development.......

----------------------------

Ego vs Higher Guidance

The more aware we become, the more intuition develops for us. The more we can access our intuition, the faster we grow and change. The key is to understand the language of intuition. How can you tell if the 'inner voice' is Spirit's, other beings, other people's projections or your own judgmental thoughts? The tips below will help you discriminate and discern the TRUTH.

Read the list over often and get a strong sense of how to discern higher guidance. Expand your inventory of how you sense the higher or lower information that comes into your physical and non-physical senses.
    • Lower Levels of Information ----------------- Higher Levels of Intuition
    • (Ego)-------------------------------------------------- (Higher Self)
    • demand obedience or surrender - suggest, advise, you make your own decisions
    • conflict with one's personal ethics ------- no conflict with personal ethics
    • create fear, negativity --------------- create love, inspiration,empowerment
    • are generalities, long winded ----- are relevant, short, intelligent, unique
    • are conditional ------------------- are unconditional, appropriate, natural
    • appeal to curiosity, ego ----------------- appeal to goodwill, beauty, unity
    • from confusing, competing voices ---------- from still, single knowing voice
    • affirm ultimate authority for itself ----- counsel surrender to higher power
    • require no personal effort --------------------------- need personal effort
    • guidance from subconscious -------------------------- guidance from the Soul
    • emotional desires, glamour ----------------------- higher spiritual guidance
    • benefit the receiver ------------------------- benefit the good of the whole
    • fixed interpretations ------------------------ many levels of interpretation
    • create dependencies --------------------------------- create interdependence
    • promote separation ----------------------- reflect oneness, wholeness, unity
    • are self conscious ------------------------------------- are other conscious
    • affirm mediocrity ------------------------------ promote making a difference
    • reflect a part of the whole ------------------------------ reflect the whole
    • are emotional, mental ---------------------------------------- are intuitive
    • focus on things -------------------------------- focus on essence and values
    • result in loss of self ---------------------------- result in self discovery
    • focus on desires, wants -------------------------------- focus on soul needs
    • address individual --------------------------------------- address community
    • deal with form ----------------------------------- deal with symbols, truths
    • concerned with self will ------------------------------- reflect divine will
    • create/become victims -------------------------------------- require/acknowledge accountability
    • are sporadic ----------------------------------------------- are disciplined
    • create stress ----------------------------------------- create peace of mind
    • are personal ------------------------------------------------ are impersonal
    • are restrictive ---------------------------------------------- are expansive
    • are particular ----------------------------------------------- are universal
    • are controlling ----------------------------------------------- are allowing
    • focus on self -------------------------------------- focus on others or Soul
    • focus on destination -------------------------------------- focus on process
    • are exclusive ------------------------------------------------ are inclusive
    • are judging -------------------------------------------------- are accepting
    • are scattered -------------------------------------------------- are focused
    • are limited -------------------------------------------------- are unlimited
    • focus on material --------------------------------------- focus on spiritual
    • are reactive ------------------------------------------------- are proactive
    • are concrete -------------------------------------------------- are abstract
    • focus on past, future ----------------------------------------- focus on NOW
    • deal with personality ----------------------------------------- concern SOUL
    • produce inertia -------------------------------------------- generate growth
    • stuff in ---------------------------------------------------------- draw out
    • focus on quantity ----------------------------------------- focus on quality
    • are selfish ------------------------------------------------- are altruistic
    • are superficial --------------------------------------------------- are deep
    • create resistance ---------------------------------------------- create flow
    • focus on lack ------------------------------------------- focus on abundance
    • are static ----------------------------------------------------- are dynamic
    • focus on ME ---------------------------------------------- focus on humanity
    • create illusion ----------------------------------------------- reveal truth
    • focus on work --------------------------------------------- focus on service
    • focus on mine ---------------------------------------------- focus on Spirit
    • use force -------------------------------------------------------- use power
    • focus on effect --------------------------------------------- focus on cause
    • take ----------------------------------------------------------- give
    • produce fear ----------------------------------------------- experience love
    • emphasize doing -------------------------------------------- emphasize being

...Author Unknown

Thought with these trying times, this might be a good time to bring this old thread back up for those who have missed it and may wish to just read as food for thought or input....

williamstade is offline It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Earth right there!
    Good God, who had to compose that list?? Has to be simpler than the list could imply. Has to be.

William
    ""The more definitely his own a man's character is, the better if fits him." -Cicero"

Oh wow, and my companion entity tells me that ***I*** textualize too much.

Those are just words to me. I prefer beings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information