I don't understand why Jesus would be important at all... Obviously if he scammed all that stuff like dying on the cross, riding on a donkey, all a set up (because he had studied the old testament, and knew what he had to do to look like the son of god), then he was evidently not the child of god, and therefore is not holy or important. Michael Baigent made a great argument for Jesus as terrorist or guerilla fighter/leader.
What about the bloodline of the Dalai Lama? He's been around longer than the J-man. How about Wotan or Neptune? How about Shiva or Vishnu? Where is their secret bloodline?
We are so wrapped up in the little tiny corner of history we think is important, we are necessarily not understanding what it is all about. One man in history does not a civilization make. One fictional book does not a mystery produce. One bad author does not an answer give.
1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.