With Holiday Time coming, this is an easy yet always raved about recipe I use at Holiday time and throughout the year.
One for you Not Here!!!
Mini Cheese Cakes
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 TBsp Almond or Vanilla Extract ( I prefer almond or flavour of your choice )
- 1/4 - 1/3 C. Sour Cream
- Vanilla wafer cookies i.e. Nabisco
- Vanilla wafer crumbs
- Varied Fresh Fruit or Fruit toppings
- Reynolds muffin wrappers with foil outside, paper inside
Preheat Oven to 375 F
- Arrange muffin wrappers on cookie sheet
- Place one vanilla wafer in bottom of muffin wrapper
- Food process or crush additional vanilla wafers...you can add some ground nuts and/or coconut, additional flavouring extract to the crumbs and fill gap around wafer in bottom of muffin wrapper
- Use Food Processor ( which I use ) or mixer and beat eggs, sugar & extract until well beaten
- Add sour cream and cream cheese broken up in smaller peaces....beat until smoooth
- Fill muffin cups bout 3/4 full with cream cheese mixture
- Bake 13-14 minutes, until firm but not brown
- Let cool
- Serve plain or top with sliced fruit such as strawberry, kiwi, berries or fruit topping such as cherry, blueberry etc.
- Freezes well, however freeze without fruit toppings
- **note** you can change up the recipe to add chocolate marble by adding some cocoa to a portion the mixture, or marble with preserves, add some chopped up gourmet or chocolate of your choice as a variation **
24 if Medium Muffin Cups used - 15-16 if large muffin cups used.