Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guardian Angels?

Guardian Angels?

Have you ever thought maybe you have a guardian angel? I have had two separate experiences that really made me wonder about the whole premise. Coincidence? Synchronicity? Unusual luck? You tell me.

In heavy traffic in Pasadena one day I was waiting with many other cars to move through an intersection. Train tracks ran just before the corner. Normal for California, everything came to a screeching halt, for no apparent reason, before I could get across. I managed to get stopped far enough back so that if a train happened to come along it wouldn't hit me. All of a sudden all the bells clanged and jangled loudly and sure enough, here came a train barreling along at 90 to nothing blowing his whistle loud enough to have been heard in downtown Denver.

That crossing had one of those bars that come down and cross the street to keep the traffic off the tracks. Oh woe. My windshield was directly under the big heavy bar thing and it was coming right at me. All of a sudden it halted just above me and sort of hovered and bounced a little. There was a young man who had thrown his body on the short end of the bar. His weight kept it from coming all the way down. He kept hanging there until the train passed. I don't know where the guy came from or where he went afterwards. I looked for him to wave a thank you, but he was gone. Vanished.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

The other time I was "saved" by a stranger was in Idaho. I was staying in a Rec. Vehicle park on top of a hill in a very scenic area. One day a high wind came up very suddenly. Everyone rushed out of their rigs to put awnings (canopies) away and round up lawn chairs, etc. My awning is very big and heavy, but it is spring loaded and normally rolls up easily. I couldn't manage it by myself in that gale. Some other campers saw my distress and ran to help. We were really struggling, fighting the wind which was making the awning billow up. It might have been ripped off and hurt someone or blown the whole coach over or who knows?

Out of the blue came a very big man, maybe 6'5", and stocky. With his help (height and strength) it was easy for all of us to get the job done. I turned to thank him but he was gone. No one saw where he had come from nor where he went afterwards. I was staying there for a couple of months and this happened in about the middle of my stay. I never saw him before or after that occurrence.

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~

What do you think? How about you? Have you ever encountered a "life saver"? Tell us about your experiences.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

Thoroughly enjoyed your stories Dera. Here's my experience along the same lines.

Years ago when I lived in Victoria I was heading over to my Dad's for a visit late one Sunday evening. I pulled up to the intersection that crosses over the main Island Highway and stopped as the light was red. I pulled out a cig just as the light turned green. I paused to light it as nobody was behind me and the streets were pretty dead. As I was lighting up, a car came speeding through the intersection running the red light, at about 80 miles per hour. If I had not paused to light the cigarette I would pulled out and been hit broadside and most likely would have been killed. As I proceeded through the intersection, I thanked my angel who must have been sitting on my shoulder at that moment.

This is one case where smoking actually saved a life!

Great thread Dera....I have really enjoyed your and McNo's recounts/experiences

I do believe in guardian angels and think that they manifest as actual beings as you describe Dera and also either in dreams, by suggestion to us and in other ways.

I'll share one of mine.

It was an October Saturday and I went to downtown Toronto to pick up some hockey tickets for my son, who was rabid to see a game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings. Tickets were almost impossible to get, however a friend of mine had a pair from one of his suppliers and got them for me.

s I left his apartment building, it was raining so slightly. My car was parked across the street. The driveway to the building was on a slight slop.

One minute I was walking to my car...the next I was flat on my behind, as if someone had pushed me to the ground.....breaking my fall with my left hand, yet still falling so hard that I saw stars.

After catching my breath, I continued to my car and stared the trip back home which would take app. 40 minutes.

While driving my left wrist was starting to hurt profoundly.....swelling to what looked like an egg growing out of the inner wrist right below my thumb.

Since it was a Saturday, I decided to pull off the main Highway ( 401 ) and go to an emergency room to have it looked at, which was about 15 miles from my home.

As with all emergency rooms, it took me a few hours to get out of there...broken wrist, 4 places, cast etc.

When I got home, I had 5 frantic messages on my answering machine from the friend who got me the hockey tickets. Apparently there had been a huge accident on the 401 just about the time that I would have been going through there....10?+/- people dead.

Had I not had the fall, as if some force pushed me as hard as they could, had not broken my wrist, I may have been one of those 10 people or perhaps would have suffered more than that broken wrist.

I think that someone intervened on my behalf that day....I never saw anyone, however the force before the fall was nothing that I've ever felt before or since.

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Several years ago, I was a part of a very special group of people. We met every Tuesday night for meditation, conversation, and some Reiki practice.

One of the group members was a man named Sandy Nichols, an abductee and author of a book, "A different Child". We became pretty good friends.

One night, Sandy brought a photo he had had for several years. This photo shows a little girl with her "guardian angel". I examined this photo closely, and it was quite old and looked as real as it gets.

Here is Sandy's website...............................

Exclamation I'll never know why I had this angelic intervention!

My British friends and a few Yanks have called this personal weirdness an angelic intervention. I do agree and will never know why. This story of truth was not life threatening. I've had many close calls telling this on C2C. I tried again last night for Art. Thursday night Lionel Fanthorpe's topic of Time Warps did not fit this story. He said he would broadcast the story below at his first opportunity from mail last November 2006. He did not say where he would tell it. I do believe he did tell it. Somewhere in the UK maybe.

And it goes like this..........

Worldwide, truck drivers tell tall tales. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. I bought and still own a SCANIA for transporting logs.

In 1989 I was loaded with Illinois veneer White Oak headed to South Hill in eastern Virginia a 760 mile trip. Each log was waxed and tagged IVC with an individual number. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area along Interstate 40 out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line.

There was one spot left on the end next to a grassy median. Cars on the right and trucks on the left. I pulled straight in and set the brake on my Swedish truck. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one here with an aluminum "brush guard" grill protector.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a truck comming in with his lights on bright and then it stopped to my left behind me. I said on the CB radio, " I'm ready to leave now you can have my spot." He said nothing, so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall!

I'd hit the front of a truck that was mostly blocking the car entrance. I didn't see it pull in behind me! I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brakes. The damage was done and I had over 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit,... I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was NO damage to the truck I'd just slammed! I lit it up,....nothing,....the radiator should have been in the fan,....it should not be running,....it was!

I rubbed my hand over the smooth white metal. I looked for anti-freeze under the motor,....none anywhere! The Caterpiller motor had it's familiar sound. It was in perfect shape. I was stunned as I stood there investigating what just happened!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your truck but there's no damage?" To my left a truck left a angled space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked at the white new cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,.......to wait. It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I think about this everyday and night. It is a personal paranormal story of truth from my SCANIA's cab that few could ever relate to.

MK

P.S.

Hit many aluminum cans with a hammer. When you come to the can you cannot dent, this is what happened to me!
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

Wow!

I would love a whole show just for the experiences of truckdrivers - they are some of the best storytellers I know. And I think driving puts you into a kind of altered state(not meaning by this anything unprofessional ) where you may be more open to all kinds of nonordinary experiences. Thanks to you & your angel for this story. bb

That is an amazing story MK...thanks so much for sharing it.

Bagbear is so bang on; the truck drivers of this world have had some amazing experiences and do tell their stories so well. I hope that Art does do an Open Lines show some time with a dedicated line.

What do you think happened to you MK and why? Did this prevent something from happening to you, do you think you tapped in to some parallel universe or something repeating in time or other?

Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you

Hubby has already had experiences that he will not talk about with just anyone. He feels that he is protected but if he explained, there are people who would call him crazy.

Delphine is offline Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    S.W. Mississippi, with part of my heart left in New Orleans
    I love your story, MK. Professional driver DO tell about the best encounters. I know, for certain, that I've had an angel (angels) watching over me when I've been behind the wheel of my car. There is no other explanation.

Well, knowledge is a fine thing, and
    mother Eve thought so, but she smarted so
    severely for hers, that most of
    her daughters have been afraid of it since.
    Abigail Adams

Thumbs up You all are something to behold in typed print!!

I'm flattened and flattered by your responses. I makes my day even.

No explanation except a time altering angel who may have been there reading my future since birth. All our futures since birth. Catch the glow from the halo.

I have a family that says I have the life of a cat. I won't elaborate on that. I never tempt fate in thought or action. If I do, and it's mentaly; I quickly appologize to my angel, I guess.

Thank you all very much and I have to now go to the lawnmower. It's green and yellow the same color as the 1953 farm tractor where I had an NDE. Just like Charleton Heston acted out the part (by the brave stuntman) going over the busted chariot in Ben Hur. My angel has been good to me. I'll be back!

MK Give me a call here anytime. Call your angel anytime too
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bagbear View Post
    I would love a whole show just for the experiences of truck drivers - they are some of the best storytellers I know. And I think driving puts you into a kind of altered state(not meaning by this anything unprofessional ) where you may be more open to all kinds of nonordinary experiences. Thanks to you & your angel for this story. bb
    Dave Summers could make some of his open lines related to this high strangeness. Unless a hot truckin' topic would pre-empt that idea. There is always a hot truckin' topic! 700 AM Cincinnati carries the Truckin' Bozo, Dave.

WWL 870 AM New Orleans is now part of radio's truck driving history. Something for a Hall of Fame notation. Coast to Coast AM is now in it's time slot there. That is not a bad thing at all since truckers without XM can hear C2C better.

I too would like another line full time for late night workers in the transportation field and for "live" UFO sightings. A UFO line would not work because it would be gone by the time your call was selected! HA!

BB, just being who we are opens us all into nonordinary experiences. Hey! I forgot to turn on Streamlink! My angel gives you his or her reguards.

MK

I like that Bagbear...well said...
    Thanks to you (MK) and your angel for this story.

Looking back one might turn to stone.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That is an amazing story MK...thanks so much for sharing it.

Bagbear is so bang on; the truck drivers of this world have had some amazing experiences and do tell their stories so well. I hope that Art does do an Open Lines show some time with a dedicated line.

What do you think happened to you MK and why? Did this prevent something from happening to you, do you think you tapped in to some parallel universe or something repeating in time or other?
    You are most welcome Alpha! What happened and why? Paranormal activity came in behind me that morning,.....why would this non accident not happen as it should? An angelic delay is all I can say, and friends say that from my few exchanges in other forums in Britain and here. As soon as I made the damage inspection my 1974 truckin' trip came into my mind. It was just as weird. No reason could be explained for it either. Another non life threatening story. I told it to Ian and Gary Patterson in a phone call daze January before last.

Something tapped into me Alpha! A weirdness repeating in time for sure!

The Smoky Mountains are a mysterious place, and some say I hit a "ghost" trucker's truck!

Art has a famous guest who includes nearly the whole state of North Carolina in the Bermuda Tri-Angle. Just open the lines a bit and it connects all the way West to Ashville!

MK
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd; 04-22-2007 at 02:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information