Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 109

Thread: Shadow People

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North of Midnight on Planet Wingnut
    Posts
    91,182

    Shadow People

    I can't believe we don't have a thread about this topic, because I know we've talked about this subject a lot over the years.

    I've seen shadow people and animals all of my life...still do.

    What do you think they are? Do you see them as well?

    Here's some information for those of you new to this topic:


    ---------------------------

    Shadow People

    Did you see that dark, fleeting shape out of the corner of your eye? Perhaps you caught a glimpse of a strange entity that is being seen with greater regularity around the world.

    From: aboutparanormal.com

    "What was that?" You were sitting comfortably on your sofa reading the latest issue of Fortean Times in the dim light when movement across the room caught your attention. It seemed dark and shadowy, but there was nothing there. You returned to your reading - and a moment later there it was again. You looked up quickly this time and saw the fleeting but distinctly human shape of the shadow pass quickly over the far wall... and disappear.

    What was that? Some natural shadow? Your heightened imagination? A ghost? Or was it something that seems to be a spreading phenomenon - apparitions that are coming to be known as "shadow people" or "shadow beings." Perhaps this is an old phenomenon with a new name that is now being discussed more openly, in part thanks to the Internet. Or maybe it's a phenomenon that, for some reason, is manifesting with greater frequency and intensity now.

    Those who are experiencing and studying the shadow people phenomenon say that these entities almost always used to be seen out of the corner of the eye and very briefly. But more and more, people are beginning to see them straight on and for longer periods of time. Some experiencers testify that they have even seen eyes, usually red, on these shadow beings.

    The mysterious sightings have become a hot topic of conversion in paranormal chat rooms, message boards and websites, and it was given widespread attention on The Art Bell talk radio show. Art's listeners even submitted their drawings of how they perceived these beings, and they can be seen in a haunting gallery on Art's site.

    What are shadow people and where do they come from? Several theories have been offered.

    The Imagination
    The explanation we get from skeptics and mainstream science - and who are usually people who have never experienced the shadow people phenomenon - is that it is nothing more than the active human imagination. It's our minds playing tricks on us... our eyes seeing things in a fraction of a second that aren't really there - illusions... real shadows caused by passing auto headlights, or some similar explanation. And without a doubt, these explanations probably can account for some if not many experiences. The human eye and mind are easily fooled. But can they account for all cases?

    Ghosts

    To call these entities ghosts demands first a definition of what we mean by ghosts. (See the article: "Ghosts: What Are They?") But by almost any definition, shadow people are somewhat different than ghost phenomena. Whereas ghost apparitions are almost always a misty white, vaporish or have a decidedly human form and appearance (very often with discernable "clothing"), shadow beings are much darker and more shadow-like. In general, although the shadow people often do have a human outline or shape, because they are dark, the details of their appearance is lacking. This is in contrast to many ghost sightings in which the witness can describe the ghost's facial features, style of clothing and other details. The one detail most often noted in some shadow being sightings are their glowing red eyes.

    Demons or Other Spirit Entities

    The dark countenance and malevolent feelings that are often reported in association with these creatures has led some researchers to speculate that they may be demonic in nature. If they are demons, we have to wonder what their purpose or intent is in letting themselves be seen in this manner. Is it merely to frighten?

    Astral Bodies

    One interesting idea suggests that shadow people are the shadows or essences of people who are having out-of-body experiences. According to Jerry Gross, an author, lecturer and teacher about astral travel, we all travel out of the body when we are asleep. Perhaps, this theory says, we are seeing the ephemeral astral bodies of these twilight travelers.

    Time Travelers
    People from our own future, another idea states, could have found the means to travel to the past - our time. However they are able to accomplish this incredible feat, perhaps in that state they appear to us merely as passing shadows as they observe the events of our timeline.

    Interdimensional Beings

    Even mainstream science is fairly convinced that there are dimensions other than the three we inhabit. And if these other dimensions exist, who or what (if anything) inhabits them? Some theorists say that these dimensions exist parallel and very close to our own, although invisible to us. And if there are inhabitants in these other dimensions, it is possible that they have found a way to intrude on our dimension and become, at least partially, visible? If so, they could very well appear as shadows. It has long been held by psychics and other sensitives that beings on other planes of existence are of different "vibrations." Science is beginning to look at reality, on a quantum level, in the same way - that particles of the smallest size exist as vibrations. Perhaps, some theorize, the vibrations of our existence are beginning to mesh with those of another dimension, which accounts for the increase in such phenomena as ghosts, shadow people and possibly aliens.

    Aliens

    The alien and abduction phenomena are so bizarre that it's no surprise that extraterrestrials are suspects as the shadow people. Abductees have reported in many cases that the alien grays seem to be able to pass through walls and closed windows, and to appear and disappear abruptly, among other otherworldly talents. Perhaps, too, they can go about their alien agenda disguised in the shadows.

    There's a good deal of overlapping among the above ideas, of course. Aliens and ghosts could be interdimensional beings, or aliens could be time travelers - and some believe demons are responsible for all of these disturbing phenomena.

    There is no way to prove or disprove any theories about a phenomenon that is so mysterious, that happens so quickly and without warning. Science finds it virtually impossible to catalog or study such phenomena in any methodical way. All we can do, at present, is to document personal experiences and try to piece together what the shadow people phenomenon might be. Perhaps it's an old mystery becoming more recognizable... perhaps it represents a doorway to and from different planes of existence... or perhaps it's just shadows.

    -----------------------------

    What do you think they are? Why? Have you had any experiences with them....do tell

    Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    East of the Ouabache
    Posts
    268

    Lightbulb What I think they are........

    Interdimensional aliens able to visit anyplace and anybody at anytime. I have never seen this phenomenon so many others have seen.

    Why they visit is another question that's unanswerable.

    I picked The Shadows smilie and placed him here >



    MK
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can't believe we don't have a threat about this topic, because I know we've talked about this subject a lot over the years.

    I've seen shadow people and animals all of my life...still do.

    What do you think they are? Do you see them as well?

    Here's some information for those of you new to this topic:


    ---------------------------

    Shadow People

    Did you see that dark, fleeting shape out of the corner of your eye? Perhaps you caught a glimpse of a strange entity that is being seen with greater regularity around the world.

    From: aboutparanormal.com

    "What was that?" You were sitting comfortably on your sofa reading the latest issue of Fortean Times in the dim light when movement across the room caught your attention. It seemed dark and shadowy, but there was nothing there. You returned to your reading - and a moment later there it was again. You looked up quickly this time and saw the fleeting but distinctly human shape of the shadow pass quickly over the far wall... and disappear.

    What was that? Some natural shadow? Your heightened imagination? A ghost? Or was it something that seems to be a spreading phenomenon - apparitions that are coming to be known as "shadow people" or "shadow beings." Perhaps this is an old phenomenon with a new name that is now being discussed more openly, in part thanks to the Internet. Or maybe it's a phenomenon that, for some reason, is manifesting with greater frequency and intensity now.

    Those who are experiencing and studying the shadow people phenomenon say that these entities almost always used to be seen out of the corner of the eye and very briefly. But more and more, people are beginning to see them straight on and for longer periods of time. Some experiencers testify that they have even seen eyes, usually red, on these shadow beings.

    The mysterious sightings have become a hot topic of conversion in paranormal chat rooms, message boards and websites, and it was given widespread attention on The Art Bell talk radio show. Art's listeners even submitted their drawings of how they perceived these beings, and they can be seen in a haunting gallery on Art's site.

    What are shadow people and where do they come from? Several theories have been offered.

    The Imagination
    The explanation we get from skeptics and mainstream science - and who are usually people who have never experienced the shadow people phenomenon - is that it is nothing more than the active human imagination. It's our minds playing tricks on us... our eyes seeing things in a fraction of a second that aren't really there - illusions... real shadows caused by passing auto headlights, or some similar explanation. And without a doubt, these explanations probably can account for some if not many experiences. The human eye and mind are easily fooled. But can they account for all cases?

    Ghosts

    To call these entities ghosts demands first a definition of what we mean by ghosts. (See the article: "Ghosts: What Are They?") But by almost any definition, shadow people are somewhat different than ghost phenomena. Whereas ghost apparitions are almost always a misty white, vaporish or have a decidedly human form and appearance (very often with discernable "clothing"), shadow beings are much darker and more shadow-like. In general, although the shadow people often do have a human outline or shape, because they are dark, the details of their appearance is lacking. This is in contrast to many ghost sightings in which the witness can describe the ghost's facial features, style of clothing and other details. The one detail most often noted in some shadow being sightings are their glowing red eyes.

    Demons or Other Spirit Entities

    The dark countenance and malevolent feelings that are often reported in association with these creatures has led some researchers to speculate that they may be demonic in nature. If they are demons, we have to wonder what their purpose or intent is in letting themselves be seen in this manner. Is it merely to frighten?

    Astral Bodies

    One interesting idea suggests that shadow people are the shadows or essences of people who are having out-of-body experiences. According to Jerry Gross, an author, lecturer and teacher about astral travel, we all travel out of the body when we are asleep. Perhaps, this theory says, we are seeing the ephemeral astral bodies of these twilight travelers.

    Time Travelers
    People from our own future, another idea states, could have found the means to travel to the past - our time. However they are able to accomplish this incredible feat, perhaps in that state they appear to us merely as passing shadows as they observe the events of our timeline.

    Interdimensional Beings

    Even mainstream science is fairly convinced that there are dimensions other than the three we inhabit. And if these other dimensions exist, who or what (if anything) inhabits them? Some theorists say that these dimensions exist parallel and very close to our own, although invisible to us. And if there are inhabitants in these other dimensions, it is possible that they have found a way to intrude on our dimension and become, at least partially, visible? If so, they could very well appear as shadows. It has long been held by psychics and other sensitives that beings on other planes of existence are of different "vibrations." Science is beginning to look at reality, on a quantum level, in the same way - that particles of the smallest size exist as vibrations. Perhaps, some theorize, the vibrations of our existence are beginning to mesh with those of another dimension, which accounts for the increase in such phenomena as ghosts, shadow people and possibly aliens.

    Aliens

    The alien and abduction phenomena are so bizarre that it's no surprise that extraterrestrials are suspects as the shadow people. Abductees have reported in many cases that the alien grays seem to be able to pass through walls and closed windows, and to appear and disappear abruptly, among other otherworldly talents. Perhaps, too, they can go about their alien agenda disguised in the shadows.

    There's a good deal of overlapping among the above ideas, of course. Aliens and ghosts could be interdimensional beings, or aliens could be time travelers - and some believe demons are responsible for all of these disturbing phenomena.

    There is no way to prove or disprove any theories about a phenomenon that is so mysterious, that happens so quickly and without warning. Science finds it virtually impossible to catalog or study such phenomena in any methodical way. All we can do, at present, is to document personal experiences and try to piece together what the shadow people phenomenon might be. Perhaps it's an old mystery becoming more recognizable... perhaps it represents a doorway to and from different planes of existence... or perhaps it's just shadows.

    -----------------------------

    What do you think they are? Why? Have you had any experiences with them....do tell
    Well, no, to be honest, I have never seen nor experienced any of the above.
    If I am raining on your parade, I am sorry. It just isn't there for me, any of it, THANK GOD.

    I am what is commonly referred to as a "senior citizen", and I've been "around the block" more times that I care to relate. However, I have never seen shadow people, ghosts. demons or other spirit entities, astral bodies (?), time travelers, interdimensional beings, nor one single alien.

    I have already told of my experiences with what may have been guardian angels only because help appeared twice when I didn't see the source, nor where the "helpers" went afterwards.

    I am not sorry that I don't have any stories to tell about the "encounters" (or experiences or whatever you call them) that you mentioned, but I THANK GOD'S MANY BLESSINGS that I haven't.

    If I ever "saw" or "encountered" any of the above, you'd need to visit me at the Ha-Ha Hilton Home for the Hopeless. It would make me crazy.

    Coast to Coast and ALL its subject matter has always, for many many years, been merely entertainment, diversion, for me. If I don't belong here, you'd better cash me out right now.
    Last edited by Dera; 05-17-2007 at 07:33 AM.


    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Dera View Post

    If I ever "saw" or "encountered" any of the above, you'd need to visit me at the Ha-Ha Hilton Home for the Hopeless. It would make me crazy.

    Coast to Coast and ALL its subject matter has always, for many many years, been merely entertainment, diversion, for me. If I don't belong here, you'd better cash me out right now.
    Dera, you strike me as being a tough cookie and if you did see a "shadow person" I don't think you'd go crazy. One good thing about listening to C2C; you have a mental framework to understand weird experiences.

    I've been involved with some very strange phenomena in my life. No "shadow people" but some of the stuff that is talked about on C2C. In my experience some of it is real and some of it is schizophrenic delusion; the trick is to be willing to suspend disbelief while investigating but insist on real, demonstratable proof, not just stories, before you come to any conclusions. One of my favorite quotes is from G.K.Chesterton; "The purpose of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid".
    We're all butterflies flapping our wings and changing the world.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North of Midnight on Planet Wingnut
    Posts
    91,182
    Quote Originally Posted by lastconundrum View Post
    Dera, you strike me as being a tough cookie and if you did see a "shadow person" I don't think you'd go crazy. One good thing about listening to C2C; you have a mental framework to understand weird experiences.

    I've been involved with some very strange phenomena in my life. No "shadow people" but some of the stuff that is talked about on C2C. In my experience some of it is real and some of it is schizophrenic delusion; the trick is to be willing to suspend disbelief while investigating but insist on real, demonstratable proof, not just stories, before you come to any conclusions. One of my favorite quotes is from G.K.Chesterton; "The purpose of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to close it again on something solid".
    I agree with you last....very well said

    Dera, I agree that a modicum of skepticism is essential in every aspect of manifest, information etc.

    If we all agreed on everything, had the same experience or POV, we would have no wonder, nothing to discuss, nothing to learn or consider IMHO.

    last, I think perhaps many have attempted to chalk some/many/most of these experiences and manifests either to some type of "psychotic delusion" or similar, however there are so many that are successful, functioning folks, who are nowhere near that description.

    I digress, however who has ever said that "psychotic" or the label therein is a bad thing. I've discussed this before, however these folks who either perceive different things, are aware of different things, perhaps really get it...the problem is that they don't fit into the taught and perpetuated paraidigm and illusion of what we are taught to be "real", desired etc.

    I have had many "unusual" experiences that I can't explain....shadow beings as one of them.

    For myself, I have learned that anything may be possible....not that most is not possible due to some preconceived learning or paradigm that I must hold as some mantra or barometer.

    The quest for the truth, what really is, where we fit it, our part in that is what has me riveted.

    Entertainment sure...and that's great for those folks who look at these topics this way...nothing wrong with that either...makes for good discussion and counterpoint.

    For myself, it's always been much more than that, because of my own personal experiences and wanting to know the what, where, when, how. why.

    This is a learning environment...I'm so glad we can all share our own personal POV ...good acid test and discussion!!

    Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you



  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hiding out in Noory stache
    Posts
    673
    I have sensed what I believe were shadow people. I didn't get great looks of it but a few times I reall sense them and catch them quickly with the corner of my eye.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9
    Hello! Thought I might jump into this one.

    I think a lot of "supernatural" phenomena could be explained as delusion, tricks of the eyes, and especially fatigue. I don't think, however, all experiences are invalid, particularly when a group of people witness the same thing unexpectedly. For example, (now back to the topic of shadow people) I was walking with a group of people past a cemetery when all four of us witnessed what you might call a shadow person. He was incredibly tall, very thin, and ran astonishingly and impossibly fast. He leapt over gravestones and vanished over a hill. All four of us stood and watched. We decided to call him a ďghostĒ for lack of a better name (we had never heard of shadow people before), but he was a solid dark figure and actually looked like a being composed of shadow.

    I don't know what the person was, but I don't think he was "normal" and I know we weren't all imagining it. The irony, however, is none of us were frightened, but were rather left scratching our heads. To us, it was only peculiar, such as seeing someone drive down the street the wrong way. We didn't think to be spooked until much later when we began pondering what it was.

    But as for people being deluded or deluding themselves, I have seen people actually convince themselves of having seen or witnessed strange things. I assume when people do this that they're bored in their lives, but too frightened to explore what is really in existence and not under their control.

    The sad part is that when you do witness something strange, even when in a group, the mind tries to rationalize it into non-existence. This is in the realm of psychology, but when the mind is faced with something it can't immediately categorize, it will either try to erase it (such as an Inuit man did when he saw skyscrapers for the first time--he couldn't see them) or distort it into something it can categorize (i.e. a perfectly rational explanation).

    After we saw what we did, we tried to rationalize it, but we simply couldn't without bringing the idea of the supernatural into it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,462
    It sure does sound like I have a closed mind. Maybe I do have. I've just never seen anything like shadow people nor had other personal paranormal experiences. The idea frightens me , but Lord knows, I've done plenty of looking and trying. I lived in my motorhome for seven years and went all over a lot of the USA and up through BC and the Yukon into Alaska observing, along with my sightseeing of earthly stuff. I parked along a deserted highway in Texas and sat up all night for two nights looking for the Marfa Mystery Lights. Nuttin', honey. I camped for a week at Trout Lake, the famous UFO hot spot in Washington and observed nada. I have spent many days and nights all alone in remote boonies.

    I do not disbelieve. I couldn't have been a Coast fan since the early 90's without knowing and believing in all of the possibilities, even though I'm still scared to pieces by the idea.

    I heard, if that is possible, a ghost at my Gram's and aunt's house and truly believed them when they told me they thought they had a ghost that made toast in the evenings and had a ghost cat that liked to sleep at the end of the couch if you didn't look at it. My Gram was the most honest person in the world and had the famous cherry-tree chopper beat all to heck with her truthfulness. I certainly believed her story about seeing a ghost when she was a young girl.

    I guess I'm printing a retraction of my above post to some extent. Maybe it was frustration (and the devil ) got into me the other night. I'm up for the paranormal, just scared to death I might really observe some.

    I am a dichotomy--AKA mixed up old broad--and am at a loss to explain myself any further.


    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronald Reagan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North of Midnight on Planet Wingnut
    Posts
    91,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteplume View Post
    Hello! Thought I might jump into this one.

    I think a lot of "supernatural" phenomena could be explained as delusion, tricks of the eyes, and especially fatigue. I don't think, however, all experiences are invalid, particularly when a group of people witness the same thing unexpectedly. For example, (now back to the topic of shadow people) I was walking with a group of people past a cemetery when all four of us witnessed what you might call a shadow person. He was incredibly tall, very thin, and ran astonishingly and impossibly fast. He leapt over gravestones and vanished over a hill. All four of us stood and watched. We decided to call him a ďghostĒ for lack of a better name (we had never heard of shadow people before), but he was a solid dark figure and actually looked like a being composed of shadow.

    I don't know what the person was, but I don't think he was "normal" and I know we weren't all imagining it. The irony, however, is none of us were frightened, but were rather left scratching our heads. To us, it was only peculiar, such as seeing someone drive down the street the wrong way. We didn't think to be spooked until much later when we began pondering what it was.

    But as for people being deluded or deluding themselves, I have seen people actually convince themselves of having seen or witnessed strange things. I assume when people do this that they're bored in their lives, but too frightened to explore what is really in existence and not under their control.

    The sad part is that when you do witness something strange, even when in a group, the mind tries to rationalize it into non-existence. This is in the realm of psychology, but when the mind is faced with something it can't immediately categorize, it will either try to erase it (such as an Inuit man did when he saw skyscrapers for the first time--he couldn't see them) or distort it into something it can categorize (i.e. a perfectly rational explanation).

    After we saw what we did, we tried to rationalize it, but we simply couldn't without bringing the idea of the supernatural into it.
    Whiteplume, you make some excellent points

    Contrary to common belief, we see with our brain and not with our eyes.

    The example you give about the Inuit man is a perfect illustration. So are many examples under hypnosis when a subject is told that a specific person is in the room, yet standing right in front of them, they do not "see" them.

    Perhaps this explains why many don't "see" things as their belief system doesn't allow the CPU - the brain to process it. Oddly, once one allows possibility to exist, this often leads to seeing things never seen or experienced before. ....although I wish this would work for me in seeing my first UFO

    I'm sure there are folks that experience or think they have experienced certain manifests that may have been something else, yet attribute them to some preconceived conclusion, which may not be "correct"

    That said though, there are also those experiences that are ....perhaps unexplained, yet fit with experiences that many others have and have described.

    The experience you describe with the four of you is a most interesting one. I highly doubt that 4 people could "see" the same think and one could chalk that up of a mind manifest of sorts.

    I have seen shadow people and shadow animals for most of my life....always from a peripheral view....a few times much more than that.

    What they are ....best guess is some interdimensionl energy or being...current best theory.

    Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North of Midnight on Planet Wingnut
    Posts
    91,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dera View Post
    It sure does sound like I have a closed mind. Maybe I do have. I've just never seen anything like shadow people nor had other personal paranormal experiences. The idea frightens me , but Lord knows, I've done plenty of looking and trying. I lived in my motorhome for seven years and went all over a lot of the USA and up through BC and the Yukon into Alaska observing, along with my sightseeing of earthly stuff. I parked along a deserted highway in Texas and sat up all night for two nights looking for the Marfa Mystery Lights. Nuttin', honey. I camped for a week at Trout Lake, the famous UFO hot spot in Washington and observed nada. I have spent many days and nights all alone in remote boonies.

    I do not disbelieve. I couldn't have been a Coast fan since the early 90's without knowing and believing in all of the possibilities, even though I'm still scared to pieces by the idea.

    I heard, if that is possible, a ghost at my Gram's and aunt's house and truly believed them when they told me they thought they had a ghost that made toast in the evenings and had a ghost cat that liked to sleep at the end of the couch if you didn't look at it. My Gram was the most honest person in the world and had the famous cherry-tree chopper beat all to heck with her truthfulness. I certainly believed her story about seeing a ghost when she was a young girl.

    I guess I'm printing a retraction of my above post to some extent. Maybe it was frustration (and the devil ) got into me the other night. I'm up for the paranormal, just scared to death I might really observe some.

    I am a dichotomy--AKA mixed up old broad--and am at a loss to explain myself any further.
    Oh Dera

    Believe you me, I haven't had all the experiences that some have had and if I did, like you, it likely would freak me out.

    That said though, I have had some which just can't be explained definitively and it's comforting to know that others have had the same...perhaps that means I'm not crazy or crazy in the same way that the others are What it is, why then become the journey to understand...atleast for me.

    You are one brave and fiesty lady.Personally I don't think I would have had the courage to have done many of the things you have done in your life...alone

    Perhaps not all are intended to have these experiences this time around. Why?....I have no clue.

    An open mind, awareness brings other things....so maybe we still have our chance to see our first UFO huh?!?!?!?...I'm still hoping!!

    Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Corner of walk & don't walk
    Posts
    8,329
    One thing to consider is that our eyes and brain only digest a small amount of information when compared to the spectrum which is present. Think of having an AM radio that can receive 540 to 1700 kHz. If I transmit a radio signal appears at 520 or 1720, does this mean a signal did not exist because you didn't detect it?

    I think there are some times when things can appear at the edges of of our vision.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    North of Midnight on Planet Wingnut
    Posts
    91,182
    Quote Originally Posted by VOguy View Post
    One thing to consider is that our eyes and brain only digest a small amount of information when compared to the spectrum which is present. Think of having an AM radio that can receive 540 to 1700 kHz. If I transmit a radio signal appears at 520 or 1720, does this mean a signal did not exist because you didn't detect it?

    I think there are some times when things can appear at the edges of of our vision.
    Thanks VOguy......excellent illustration of the previous point I was attempting to make

    Do unto Others as you would have them do unto you



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9
    Oh Dera! You sound like a beautiful, incredible person! No need to explain yourself! I wouldnít call you a skeptic (not if you listen to c2c!). I think weíre often open to different things at different times. There are many who donít see ghosts or UFOs or other things not because they donít want to or donít believe, but because they just havenít. Iíve personally looked for and havenít seen a UFO. Also, I think a lot of people who donít see ghosts or other creepy things and even donít believe in them will believe in and experience other things, such as feeling/seeing angels and/or miracles.

    It also sounds as though youíve seen some gorgeous places! Wow! Have you ever been on a ghost hunt? From my experience, yes, it is absolutely possible to hear a ghost. My grandfather, for instance, was well-known for his distinctive whistle and whenever one of his grandchildren is about to get into trouble, we hear it.

    Alpha, you also make some great points! When people say they donít believe in supernatural things, Iíll often make the point that I havenít seen or experienced China or Africa, so should I believe in them? Sure, there are pictures, plenty of people who have experienced these countries, there are even movies and things, but itís still second-hand to me. Of course I believe China and Africa exist, but I think if we were to find an acceptance for things existing beyond our own known field of experience, then we might spend less time analyzing ghost pictures for their variability and trying to disprove the supernatural and more time trying to send in National Geographic in for better photos!

    As for shadow critters, I have seen some out of the corner of my eye, but I havenít yet been able to pin down what kind of animal (small and fast). I guess Iíve assumed those were imprints rather than shadow creatures or possibly fatigue.

    VOguy, you make a good point. I have a friend who refuses to believe in ghosts, but will instead call them U.V.P.ís for unexplained visual phenomena or variances thereof. He sees ghosts, but refuses to acknowledge that theyíre departed souls. Heís great fun on a ghost hunt. His theory is that some people are predisposed to seeing electromagnetic fields while others must re-learn how to (having squashed the skill as children).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •