Thread: A watermelon/ wheat straw/ & crop circles

Lightbulb A watermelon/ wheat straw/ & crop circles

I heard this cool trick of a local farmer's legend out in the "sands". To check a watermelon using a wheat straw for ripeness keep this in mind next time. An Illinois resident & old veteran truck driver told me this in May of this year.

Watermelons have been in farm markets for two weeks. Prior to this growing season opener I had seen melons to test in the supermarket. I never had a wheat straw.

Today we stopped at a local stand two blocks North. Not a straw bale in sight. The owners had sold sweet corn recently and a small dried shuck rolled up like a long fat pencil was laying beneath the melon wagon.

I tried it for the first time laying it long ways. The corn shuck immediately turned cross ways with it's ends hanging over the sides of the striped fridge sized melon. The local legend says this proves it's ready to eat and not under developed. Next, I said to the owner and my wife, "Hey! Now watch this!" They both were amazed just like I was!

After showing off the local legend for melon ripeness. I could tell the corn shuck's natural magnetism was wearing away. The success rate was falling rapidly after about six successful tries.

And I could fix that quickly, I hoped anyway. I pulled one magnetic 12 inch DOT red & white reflective removeable tape off our 4X4 truck. I stroked the thin cigar shaped shuck across the magnet a few times and walked back to the wagon. The rejuvenated corn shuck spun three quick times and stopped with it's ends hanging over the melon's sides! And it was a bit windy! The little shuck stopped facing North and South just like a compass!

As much fun as it is to watch & tell, always trust the farmer's pickin' times. They are all ripe or they would still be in the fields. If the straw or corn shuck fails to show a ripe melon, it's magnetisim is just runnin' low. So, pick a new "directional needle" for added fun.

Try this test about melon ripeness according to the old timer, and see what you guys think. Show your freinds that it does the trick! If you do try this please post one up here. You may have a better idea, just like Ford.

Now you have proof positive that a hard winter wheat straw CAN BE electromagneticly charged, AND manipulated. All done by directed orbs dancing around in mere seconds making a crop circle. Made using a great imagination and strange skills we'll never use, develop, or need.

It's one way communication we don't seem to be able to understand or believe. Even if an interpretation was dead on. The artful makers that fly so quickly use the microwaved water in the stems, that we know, and possibly magnetizing stems and stalks with the humidity in the air around the crop.

Post one up and I'll be back. That goes for the other threads here too. Our son is wanting to take this pc to college.

MK
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd; 08-13-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

Nice tid Bit...tanks.
    Looking back one might turn to stone.

Thumbs up

MB the top part is true and the bottom crop circle part is conjecture on my part about the natural magnetism around all things. It's fun to watch and don't forget to jive up the straw once in a while.
    Last edited by Malaria_Kidd; 08-13-2007 at 01:04 AM.
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

That's how I took it...
    Looking back one might turn to stone.

Many thanks to a visitor just now! While I was looking at Who's online my old entry was surprise to see that he or she was looking at it.

It was time for a

Thanks again to Marlantis Buzz for the two replies!

MK II
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

Thumbs up

I did not have a green ball to indicate I was ready to be notified of action here.

I've left every bashful guest a bonus link to Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis on Sound Cloud!

https://soundcloud.com/groundzeromedia

Now it's ready to send mail of replies......

MK II
    "So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh, turn some pages!" sung by Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon of Champaign - Urbana, Illinois

Nice story.

Quote Originally Posted by siropus View Post
    Nice story.
    Many thanks siropus and it's just further proof any parts of a plant can be manipulated via magnetism. Try it yourself someday and amaze your friends!

Bonus Trivial Pursuit Off Topic: Clean diesel fuel or gas off your rubber work gloves with a small handful of live or dead grass/weeds. With just a little rubbing the gloves will smell garden fresh! Try it yourself someday and amaze your friends!

MK II

Now that's a good story!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dRiggin View Post
    Now that's a good story!
    Morn'in dRiggin,

Now that makes three of us that agree with you about that Mt. Carmel, Illinois resident Larry Groff (R.I.P.) who years ago watched a local Indiana melon farmer's young son test for ripe melons using a single wheat straw.

Larry was "Cricket" on the CB radio and it was so cool to see him in person chirp like a cricket! And that "chirp, chirping" to hear was sooo! strange about how he could do that, like whistling though his lower teeth! I miss him a lot.

Let us all know if you try those 2 trivial things I've suggested up above. In reference to the diesel fuel cleaning trivia, the gloves were never coated fully. But when fueling the coal truck a little splash or drips from a leaking fuel nozzle might wet them some and I did not want to leave smelly gloves for the day shift driver of the MACK CH 600. So I never did!

My (untrained) theory leads me thinking the carbon in the grass or weeds, gathered as about one partial hand-full in Winter or Summer time, attracted ALL the carbon based fuel right off the gloves, !00% PDQ! .

MK II

Larry must be an awesome guy.

Thread Information