Thread: FireFox User Tip

FireFox User Tip

I know a few people at IW use FF as their browser of choice so I thought I'd pass along a minor configuration change I found on UTube to get the FF browser to load larger pages faster and increase the number of simultaneous downloads. I tried it on mine and it works fine with no detrimental effects.

FireFox

The first three minutes of the video deals with the configuration changes (pipelining & max-persistent), after that the user talks about FF add-ons he prefers which may or may not interest you. Once you've made the two configuration changes, restart your FF browser and that should be it.

I would not counsel doing this, unless you know what you are doing. I guess that goes without saying?
    proj·ect
    1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
    4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
    5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
    6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
    7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
    9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Project View Post
    I would not counsel doing this, unless you know what you are doing. I guess that goes without saying?
    I would agree, especially with something like Windows registry tweaks. Tweaking FF seems a bit more benign but I should've added the disclaimer all the same.

I have seen people start having connectivity problems after doing this... the firefox developers are VERY smart, and the settings they use are for a reason... Yes, you can tweak, but don't tweak, forget about it, then see broken images and say 'boy that firefox sucks!'

IF you want to really speed things up, install extensions like adblock, or anything that blocks unnecessary content. This will provide the biuggest speed boost. Nothing you do inside FF can possibly change your ISPs connection speed...
    proj·ect
    1. something that is contemplated, devised, or planned; plan; scheme.
    2. a large or major undertaking, especially one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
    3. a specific task of investigation, especially in scholarship.
    4. to propose, contemplate, or plan.
    5. to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
    6. to set forth or calculate (some future thing).
    7. to extend or protrude beyond something else.
    8. to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
    9. to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.

I agree, especially with some of Windows registry changes. Tweaking FF looks a bit more benign, but I must add the disclaimer all the same.
    HP Printer Support

I know a few people at IW use FF as their browser of choice so I thought I'd pass along a minor configuration change I found on UTube to get the FF browser to load larger pages faster and increase the number of simultaneous downloads. I tried it on mine and it works fine with no detrimental effects. Epson error code 0x69

Thread Information